Requesting assistance with entering a tone above 300 for a local repeater. I have a Midland MXT275.

WRYS438

Question

Requesting assistance with entering a tone above 300 for a local repeater. I have a Midland MXT275.  I love the radio when tones are installed.  I have one repeater working and it is great.  The friend that put the tone in for me did it so fast I could not keep up with him.  So, I ask what he did and he tried to show me and lost it.  It took a while before he got it installed again.  He tried to do the one I'm needing help with now but could not get it to work.
Any assistance would be wonderful.  I'm at a loss.

Tnx,
     George 

18 answers to this question

Thank you so much.   I had a feeling that the number would be much lower than 311.       You must have a newer manual than I have.  My page 30 says, if you want accessories, go to Midlandusa.com.    

Again, thank you sir.  I hope now I will be able to enter the code #42.

George 

I  hope not.  I just purchased the radio.   We shall see what happens.  I will attempt to do this tomorrow.  It is almost 11pm here on the east coast and the radio is in the car.  I will do all that tomorrow.  Thanks so much.  I hope this will work and my second repeater will be active.   

Good night to you my friend.  Thanks so much. 

George         WRYS438                          Also,  K4GBS

Greetings my friend.    Just a follow up on the #42 you gave me last night.  I managed to get out to the car in the rain and enter that tone.  Works 100%.

I still do not know how you came up with #42, but I'm so happy you knew how to do it.   There are two more repeaters in this area that I hope to gain entry

to in the near future.  No idea what the tones are for those but I will soon.  Maybe my light will come on and I will be able to understand where you found

tone #42 for the 311 I had.

Thanks again, you made my day.  Enjoy your Sunday.

George

15 minutes ago, WRYS438 said:

Greetings my friend.    Just a follow up on the #42 you gave me last night.  I managed to get out to the car in the rain and enter that tone.  Works 100%.

I still do not know how you came up with #42, but I'm so happy you knew how to do it.   There are two more repeaters in this area that I hope to gain entry

to in the near future.  No idea what the tones are for those but I will soon.  Maybe my light will come on and I will be able to understand where you found

George

Here is a list of the numbers for Midland tones

I have that list in my manual.  Same thing.  That still doesn't help with the manual calls for tone 311, which I cannot reach with my rig.   But 42 worked great.  I still do not know where you came up with that but I would love to know.

Thanks again,

George 

On 9/17/2023 at 10:58 AM, WRYS438 said:

George

If you google "MXT275 Owner's Manual" you'll pull up links to the .pdf document Midland puts out.  The last few pages are charts that show Channel freq, and tone codes for Ct and DC modes.  I had to download it, too, the manual that came with the radio didn't have those pages.

Or, you can grab it here, since I just saw the upload tab...

MXT275-Owners-Manual-11-16-20 (1).pdf

On 9/17/2023 at 2:11 PM, WRYS438 said:

I know what I was doing wrong now.  Duddddd    Oh well.  Getting old is a  bitch.

Thanks much Mr. Dude

Might I suggest you print out a copy of the (NEW) Operations Manual and instructions for the CTCSS & DCS code and operation/steps for a file to keep in the car for future use.  I did this and it helped me alot -down the road-!

Best wishes on the getting old and the new radio!