KG-1000G Plus Coversation Starter - Chirp Profiles and Unlock on other Bands?

WRYR550

First post here so roast me as you will. Looking for a group of know it alls on the KG-1000G plus. Being a newb, I have hacked everthing I've ever owned and I want to unlock this radio. Have any of you done it? Do you have a Chirp profile? What software are you using? Why isn't there more content out there on this radio yet!?! lol. 

IMG_2295.JPG

3 hours ago, RayP said:

Lemme know if you get it to encode on the scrambler feature!

😉

Sorry, the only Wouxun product that I have purchased, a tri-band Ham Radio HT, I sold on eBay after I could not find a MARS/CAPS modification. I have never attempted to use any scrambler feature on any of my radios, as I view that as a violation of the FCC rules that will be taken very seriously by their staff.

5 hours ago, WRYS709 said:

Sorry, the only Wouxun product that I have purchased, a tri-band Ham Radio HT, I sold on eBay after I could not find a MARS/CAPS modification. I have never attempted to use any scrambler feature on any of my radios, as I view that as a violation of the FCC rules that will be taken very seriously by their staff.

I realize the FCC does not condone scramblers on ham or GMRS.  That said, I wish there were a hack to activate scrambler encoding, along with the decode feature some Wouxuns have, in case things deteriorate to a WROL situation.  No, the voice inversion scrambling would not give you total privacy, but it would eliminate around 70% of a potential listening audience from hearing your group's transmissions.

10 minutes ago, RayP said:

I realize the FCC does not condone scramblers on ham or GMRS.  That said, I wish there were a hack to activate scrambler encoding, along with the decode feature some Wouxuns have, in case things deteriorate to a WROL situation.  No, the voice inversion scrambling would not give you total privacy, but it would eliminate around 70% of a potential listening audience from hearing your group's transmissions.

Your group should invest in radios on a service that allows encryption. 

16 minutes ago, Borage257 said:

It was approved by the FCC for data transmissions. The data mode isn’t voice so that scrambling doesn’t apply. 

https://www.radioworld.com/news-and-business/examining-the-gotenna-communications-device

Ah, I see. You were proposing it as an alternative to the aforementioned voice scrambling. 👍

• 4 months later...

I wish I could say I have obtained the source code or that I've given this 100 hours but I haven't. I have found out that if you hold in #1 on the hand mic when you cycle the power it does take you to a differenct menu. I'm hoping one of you all is a lot smarter than me and can take that and play around with it and see what you find.

I do believe the KG1000G is the same radio as the KG-UV980P. What I do not know is if the UV980 firmware will work on the KG1000G. I would hate to see anyone brick their radio though.

Even the Wouxun amateur band radios seem to be more difficult to unlock and I too have not found a way to unlock the KG1000G.

The TYT TH-7800 and TH9800 are simple to unlock using the TYT programming software. Not that I would tell or suggest anyone do that. 😉

• 3 months later...