BROADNET GMRS

Mikeydell25

The thing that I don't like about clubs is that they (Group Leader) make it a point to change things without notifying their members of procedural changes and when they try to log in to the page only to find out they have to request for membership all over again that's why membership in groups are dropping IMO.

I'm glad that I am in a well run/organized GMRS Repeater Club. The Club I belong to has training classes and exercises throughout the year and are involved in Community events. The Club is looking into having social functions for the members and their families that has nothing to do with radio.

They also hold a couple Formal Nets every week, and two informal Nets for relaying Traffic and Weather Information on the weekdays. Also, the Club will be expanding their services with more involvement with community. I believe the membership is well over 400 and the Club has several Ambassadors to welcome the new members into the Club and help them with any programming and/or technical needs.

• 4 months later...

Broadnet  gmrs... I'm on my phone and unless I turn my phone sideways I can't see the menu at the top of the screen because of the ads.. lol sucks cus I think I'm just out of range for the bronx repeaters, I'm in paterson nj.. I got my antenna about 50' up out of my window maybe I have to take it another 25 to the roof.. using a 25x4 as a base station with an ed fong.. 

2 hours ago, WSAH358 said:

Broadnet  gmrs... I'm on my phone and unless I turn my phone sideways I can't see the menu at the top of the screen because of the ads.. lol sucks cus I think I'm just out of range for the bronx repeaters, I'm in paterson nj.. I got my antenna about 50' up out of my window maybe I have to take it another 25 to the roof.. using a 25x4 as a base station with an ed fong.. 

If you want the ads to go away when you’re looking at the forums you have to pay to become a premium member of mygmrs.com.  

Do a search on the forums for Broadnet. Maybe even a Google search. Seems like I saw some complaints like your a few months ago. If I recall, they suddenly changed a bunch of stuff and some users did not know anything about it. My memory isn't as sharp as it used to be.