Time to get serious

UncleYoda

• UncleYoda changed the title to Time to get serious
10 hours ago, UncleYoda said:

YOU'LL HAVE TO FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF.

NO I really think you need to explain your outburst here.  And I'm sorry, you own which repeaters that the 'non-serious' conversations are being had on and you did what to remedy the situation?

What violations of the FCC regulations occurred during these conversations that weren't serious?  Do you have recordings of said conversations and are submitting them for review, correct?  Need names, call sign's, times and repeaters accessed for these non-serious conversations so that we can check logs and recordings and make an informed decision about the validity of your claims here. 

The repeater owners take these sorts of things very seriously.  And will take action if there were infractions of the FCC regulations.

BUT, to be clear, there is ONE individual that has been banned from my repeater.  It was due to the user that had a bit to much to drink and was on the radio talking while intoxicated.  Sure, he was having fun with his conversation, and says some things that weren't necessarily appropriate.  But HE wasn't the one that got banned.

The clown that got on my repeater and DEMANDED I deal with it, and when I refused, got heated with ME about the actions of the individual in question, he did get banned.  I told him that since he had such an issue with the situation it was probably best that he not use my repeater any more.  He sort of missed the meaning until I told him point blank that he was banned and I was taking the repeater off the air due to his nonsense and I then shut the repeater down for a week.  I then told anyone that ask why it was down that the individual that was offended by the other guys actions took offense to me refusing to chastise the guy for being drunk on the air and saying dumb stuff.  He don't use my repeater any more. 

So, don't get on here and DEMAND that the repeater owners enforce your 'acceptable operating topics and procedures'.  If someone is abusing MY repeaters, I will deal with it.  You get to choose what's said on YOUR repeater, and that's as far as it goes.  If you are operating on someone else's repeater, shut up and deal with it.  It's NOT your concern.  If you don't like that answer, my best advice I can give is load up in your car, go buy yarn and needles and take up Knitting.  Then you can park yourself in front of your TV set and scream at it when something is on there since you don't seem to grasp the concept of changing the channel when something is being discussed that offends your personal belief structure. 

This was the most polite way I could come up with of telling you to build a bridge and get the hell over it.

BOTH services you mentioned are HOBBY RADIO.  We are not going to turn hobby radio we have casual conversations on into public safety dispatch level communications because you think we need to. 

2 hours ago, WRKC935 said:

So, don't get on here and DEMAND that the repeater owners enforce your 'acceptable operating topics and procedures'

If I may point out there was no mention of repeaters in @UncleYoda’s post, or demanding repeater owners having to enforce anything.  So you are assuming things not said as of yet.  Maybe it’s not about you.? What was said rather is that hams and GMRS users must only use their PTT if they are going to be serious. Yeah that’s going to happen. Control issues?Perhaps.

Clearly something upset the very serious yoda. But rather than be adult about it and say what it is he has chosen to make demands without explanation.

13 hours ago, UncleYoda said:

Get serious or don't press the PTT button

I'm not going to explain

YOU'LL HAVE TO FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF.

Perhaps this is because he knows this isn’t the place? Who knows. Attacking the forum with insults rather than man up and say what you want to say isn’t what I would call a great approach.

it should be obvious to anyone with two brain cells

I don't expect much from the jokers here

Regardless of what this is about there are better ways of communicating than cryptic b.s. demands with insults.

Finally an anecdote no one asked for but anyway… I knew a couple that were living in London during WWII and they told me how they couldn’t fit under the bed as they were trying to seek shelter as the bombs were whistling coming in low between the buildings down the street. When the noise stopped that’s when you knew it was about to hit. With the real fear of possible death they found themselves laughing at themselves trying to fit under the bed. Plenty to be serious about in this world but if you are only serious you are missing out. 
73’s people