The Mesa Crest Repeater

TMCRC

On Friday, October 27, 2023, The Mesa Crest Repeater will go live. On that date, the repeater will temporarily be set to RX 462.7250 TX 467.7250 T Squelch 141.3 TX & RX. Once we go live, we will announce the repeater and allow anyone wanting to check into the repeater to check coverage. This will give everyone wanting to see the repeaters range and coverage. Once the repeaters Simplex check is done the repeater will be restored back to its original state with its tones. If you wish to join The Mesa Crest Repeater, please submit an Access Request. The repeater belongs to The Mesa Crest Repeater Club and is for use for Club Members Only and you will have to join the Club to use the Clubs Repeater.

Area Coverage: (keep in mind obstacles and terrain)

Southern California

Crestline Mt's, High Desert, Barstow, Palmdale, San Bernardino County, Riverside County, Orange County, some Parts of San Diego, LA County, Long Beach, San Pedro and some additional surrounding areas.

We will update you with any changes. Thank you. The Mesa Crest Repeater Club

Edited by WRVL221

4 minutes ago, Sshannon said:

When you have the TX and RX frequencies set the same, is the repeater disabled from repeating?

I was wondering the same thing. I could see testing with no tones but I don’t understand how testing would work with the frequencies being the same. Would it wait for squelch to close and repeat on a delay? Is this done so one person can test there TX and RX from a location without a second person? Just curious. 

2 hours ago, WRUU653 said:

I was wondering the same thing. I could see testing with no tones but I don’t understand how testing would work with the frequencies being the same. Would it wait for squelch to close and repeat on a delay? Is this done so one person can test there TX and RX from a location without a second person? Just curious. 

1 hour ago, WRXB215 said:

I've heard of "simplex repeaters" that record the message and then repeat it when the squelch closes. Maybe that is what this is?

My assumption is that they’re just using it like a base station, transmitting and receiving in simplex on the 462 frequency.

It won't work though. The transmitter will interfere with the receiver as they are both on the same frequency. The site would need to be a store-and-forward configuration to use a single frequency. Simplex, by definition means a single frequency is used for both transmit and receive between two stations alternating transmissions.

1 hour ago, BoxCar said:

It won't work though. The transmitter will interfere with the receiver as they are both on the same frequency. The site would need to be a store-and-forward configuration to use a single frequency. Simplex, by definition means a single frequency is used for both transmit and receive between two stations alternating transmissions.

It could have a relay that senses the transmitter keyed up and shut down the receiver during that period of time like a semi-duplex configured station.

2 hours ago, BoxCar said:

That was my point. 😄

Sorry for all the Confusion. We will be setting the repeater on a temporary tone just for anyone wanting to check in and give us a distance check. RX 462.7250 T Squelch 141.3 TX 467.7250 T Squelch 141.3. The repeater will go live sooner than expected. The new day is Friday, October 27th, 2023. Hope to hear you on there.

Edited by WRVL221

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, aharrod said:

I'd also like to sign up.

WSAC297

Go to forums, clubs, and search for The Mesa Crest Repeater Club. You will have to SIGN IN TO THE FORUMS PAGE. You must log in to request to join the Club. When you switch pages, MyGMRS.com repeater site does not automatically log you in to the Forums Page.

Do Not click on the register box. Click on the words EXCISTING USER SIGN IN.

Just now, WRPG471 said:

I also would like to sign up for the "The Mesa Crest Repeater Club."

How do I become a member and pay for the membership fees? 

Please comment,

WRPG471

Go to forums, clubs, and search for The Mesa Crest Repeater Club. You will have to SIGN IN TO THE FORUMS PAGE. You must log in to request to join the Club. When you switch pages, MyGMRS.com repeater site does not automatically log you in to the Forums Page.

Do Not click on the register box. Click on the words EXCISTING USER SIGN IN. You will also need to make a Repeater Request. I can be reached at wrvl221@gmail.com if you have further questions or need help navigating through the website.

• 3 weeks later...

Do Not click on the register box. Click on the words EXCISTING USER SIGN IN. You will also need to make a Repeater Request. I can be reached at wrvl221@gmail.com if you have further questions or need help navigating through the website.

4 hours ago, Sshannon said:

Rather than making someone search for it, here’s a link to the club page:

Thank you. How do you share the page for future post. I haven't been able to figure it out. Still figuring out how to fully use this site.