Chirp

WRZH564

Question

17 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, WRUU653 said:

that's for windows is it not?

Correct. He has no idea what he is saying so he can be safely ignored.

Make sure you are downloading the MacOS version - go here: https://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_next/next-20231031/

As mentioned it *might* need Python installed but IIRC, that is not necessary with the new "Chirp Next" version.. But I could be wrong. If so, you can safely ignore me.

27 minutes ago, OffRoaderX said:

Correct. He has no idea what he is saying so he can be safely ignored.

Make sure you are downloading the MacOS version - go here: https://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_next/next-20231031/

As mentioned it *might* need Python installed but IIRC, that is not necessary with the new "Chirp Next" version.. But I could be wrong. If so, you can safely ignore me.

I did not have to install Python to get CHIRP Next to work on my 2018 Mac mini with the Intel chip.

The Windows exec file definitely will NOT work on a Mac without running Windows in Parallels or on a virtual machine.

Screenshot2023-11-05at6_48_40PM.thumb.png.667ad90fd5875edb70e80fd1d8ff1bf4.png

8 minutes ago, WRYZ927 said:

@OffRoaderX, be more douchy if you can.  It really helps!

It does help to make online experts think twice before they tell people completely wrong information.  If that makes me douchy, then I'll drink another glass of vinegar...

1 hour ago, WRZH564 said:

Chirp downloads; however, will not open.  Anyone else having problems opening Chirp on iMac?

For clarification - does the .ZIP file not open? Or, does the Zip file open, but then the application wont open?  
For either response, what happens? Do you get any errors? If so, what do they say?

7 minutes ago, OffRoaderX said:

It does help to make online experts think twice before they tell people completely wrong information.  If that makes me douchy, then I'll drink another glass of vinegar...

You should really make it a double.

Cheers!

56 minutes ago, OffRoaderX said:

For clarification - does the .ZIP file not open? Or, does the Zip file open, but then the application wont open?  
For either response, what happens? Do you get any errors? If so, what do they say?

Hey Randy, and thanks for trying to help.  The file dumps into my "downloads" folder.  When I double click it to open, the attached image is all I see.  Can navigate anywhere from that point.  Douchy...LOL.

Screenshot 2023-11-05 at 6.03.01 PM.png

38 minutes ago, WRZH564 said:

Hey Randy, and thanks for trying to help.  The file dumps into my "downloads" folder.  When I double click it to open, the attached image is all I see.  Can navigate anywhere from that point.  Douchy...LOL.

Screenshot 2023-11-05 at 6.03.01 PM.png

That's what you will see when you open the program. Now hook up your radio and select download from radio and choose your radio make and model from the drop down menu at the top of your screen .

image.thumb.jpeg.66263878c804f8ebd28bfae1c8a4c362.jpeg