Interesting tidbit out of Ukraine

WRQC527

I pulled this out of an article I read today about a Russian soldier captured this week by Ukraine. 

"The captured soldier revealed that the personnel on duty at the positions were armed only with rifles and hand grenades, with a cheap radio station of Chinese manufacture for communications."

3 hours ago, WRQC527 said:

I pulled this out of an article I read today about a Russian soldier captured this week by Ukraine. 

"The captured soldier revealed that the personnel on duty at the positions were armed only with rifles and hand grenades, with a cheap radio station of Chinese manufacture for communications."

Were they delivered by Amazon?

11 hours ago, markskjerve said:

Were they delivered by Amazon?

Last contact with his unit… Boris you go over there and we’ll call you on channel 15 if the area is invaded and there is a risk of capture. Some time later… Boris says to no one “I don’t think channel 15 is working”

20 hours ago, WRQC527 said:

Battle-tested. Can't say that about my collection of Yaesus. The first video I saw with one was of a Ukrainian soldier discussing how they took out the Moskva. 

Tell me about it! I have three FTM-400s that were made in Japan and have Chinese mic cords. All be damned, one of them frayed at the mic end and lost audio. Piss poor design putting a very stiff strain relief on the cord. So what did I do to resolve this? I ordered three more Chinese cords from Mr.Chung. After all, we live in a disposable society so what else can one do?