Programming question

Scoutdad57

Question

16 answers to this question

Yes, there is a driver that is compatible with W11. It might even be the one that works for W10.  There were some problems when MS changed their driver model but by now the larger companies have caught up.

Be sure you install the factory driver before plugging in your cable because otherwise Windows will attempt to install a driver that might or might not work. 

53 minutes ago, WRWK524 said:

I'm using Windows 11 and had problems with programming cables not being supported. The fix was to use an old driver. Not sure which cable you have but if you check out this video it might help you configure an older driver to windows 11.  Now all my cables work on Windows 11, even the old Baofeng cables.

Yes, this fixes the cables that use the "older" Prolific chips.

Do you have the so-called Wouxun "Red" cable? I do not think they use the older Prolific chip and my recollection is that Randy @OffRoaderX posted a comment somewhere here on this Forum about his getting his Wouxun Red Cable to work in Windows 11.  Randy?

8 minutes ago, WRYS709 said:

Do you have the so-called Wouxun "Red" cable? I do not think they use the older Prolific chip and my recollection is that Randy @OffRoaderX posted a comment somewhere here on this Forum about his getting his Wouxun Red Cable to work in Windows 11.  Randy?

Yes, but I am using Windows 11 on ARM, so it might not be the same.

The red Wouxun programming cable uses the Silicon Labs chip. The com port comes up as the Silicon Labs CP2010X USB to UART Bridge.on my 64bit Windows 10, Windows 11, and my Mac. I haven't had any issues with it on my Mac mini, Windows 10 tower and Windows 11 laptop with ADM CPU or my Windows 11 laptop with an Intel CPU.

19 hours ago, WRYS709 said:

My Wouxun KG-1000G+ and KG-UV3X cables work just fine with my Windows 11 Operating System.

1 hour ago, nokones said:

My Wouxun KG-1000G+ and KG-UV3X cables work just fine with my Windows 11 Operating System.

Yes, the Silicon Labs chip driver should install easily on Windows 11, as should the FTDI.

The Prolific chip cables will have problems: requiring an uninstallation if Windows 11 already tried to install it and then installing an earlier version; version xxx.11 I believe.

2 hours ago, WRYS709 said:

Yes, the Silicon Labs chip driver should install easily on Windows 11, as should the FTDI.

The Prolific chip cables will have problems: requiring an uninstallation if Windows 11 already tried to install it and then installing an earlier version; version xxx.11 I believe.

I have to use my XP operating system laptop for my Prolific USB to Serial adapter cable for my Astro Saber/XTS3000, MTS2000, HT750/HT1250/HT1550/CDM series, PM400, and EXP series CPS

58 minutes ago, nokones said:

I have to use my XP operating system laptop for my Prolific USB to Serial adapter cable for my Astro Saber/XTS3000, MTS2000, HT750/HT1250/HT1550/CDM series, PM400, and EXP series CPS

Try these attached files to install the older Prolific driver in Windows 11 and report back.  I recall you first use it to "repair" and then to install and then Restart.

Good luck.

PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v1_11_0.zip

25 minutes ago, WRYS709 said:

Try these attached files to install the older Prolific driver in Windows 11 and report back.  I recall you first use it to "repair" and then to install and then Restart.

Good luck.

PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v1_11_0.zip 4.28 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks but the aforementioned CPS do not like the 64 bit operating system. I've tried and I get the system error "NT 4.0 or newer is required". It's best to just keep using the XP Operating System for those programs. Other than an occasional programming change for my Astro Saber/ XTS3000 and MTS2000 radios, I don't have a great need for using the XP laptop.

5 hours ago, nokones said:

3 hours ago, nokones said:

Thanks but the aforementioned CPS do not like the 64 bit operating system. I've tried and I get the system error "NT 4.0 or newer is required". It's best to just keep using the XP Operating System for those programs. Other than an occasional programming change for my Astro Saber/ XTS3000 and MTS2000 radios, I don't have a great need for using the XP laptop.

OK: so your problems requiring you to use Windows XP is not driver oriented, but because of the age of the available software for older radios.  Now I understand.

On 12/23/2023 at 5:32 PM, WRYS709 said:

I do have the red cable.

8 hours ago, Scoutdad57 said:

I do have the red cable.

Follow this video tutorial to install the driver for the red cable in Windows 11 

Driver download:

https://www.buytwowayradios.com/downloads/dl/file/id/1248/product/2568/wouxun_pco_001_driver.zip

Wouxun CPS Programming Software download:

https://www.buytwowayradios.com/downloads/dl/file/id/1572/product/5920/wouxun_kg_935g_plus_programming_software.zip

And report back your progress!

Merry Christmas! 

On 12/25/2023 at 4:59 PM, WRYS709 said:

Follow this video tutorial to install the driver for the red cable in Windows 11 

Driver download:

https://www.buytwowayradios.com/downloads/dl/file/id/1248/product/2568/wouxun_pco_001_driver.zip

Wouxun CPS Programming Software download:

https://www.buytwowayradios.com/downloads/dl/file/id/1572/product/5920/wouxun_kg_935g_plus_programming_software.zip

And report back your progress!

Merry Christmas! 

Finally got everything to work! Still have tons to learn. Thanks to all for the help!