Tidradio TD-H8 Programming

IndyAnon

Question

I recently purchased a TD-H8 and attempted to program it using the app. The issue is getting the offset to save in the app, it reverts back to the same rx and tx frequency. So I programmed it using Chirp, my issue here is when I power the radio on it stays keyed up and won’t stop. Any suggestions?

5 answers to this question

I just received one of these to test and programming is no where near what is described.  I only use the app to modify channels but even doing that, the phone app messes with configuration settings.  Remember, some of the available channels are only receive so I bet that's your problem  When I found the right channels, no problem setting different frequencies.  I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to keep it.

Hope this helps.

15 hours ago, WRZX444 said:

I just received one of these to test and programming is no where near what is described.  I only use the app to modify channels but even doing that, the phone app messes with configuration settings.  Remember, some of the available channels are only receive so I bet that's your problem  When I found the right channels, no problem setting different frequencies.  I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to keep it.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, I used the Chirp software and Tidradio software but can't seem to get it to work with the repeaters. It's supposed to be a GMRS radio. My other issue is it seems to like to key up on it's own and stay keyed up.

I was getting on here to report the same thing.. 

Ive tried doing the 462 receive and 467 tx, and same thing. It saves, but then when I check back both are at 462..

Ok,… so maybe you have to use offset shift settings or something to achieve the shift.. Tried that, and it ACTS like it works. Keys up and shifts up to 467, with tone set.. Repeater never opens.. 

Ive abandoned the app/bluetooth programming. Wiped the radio with reset, plugged it into Chirp (what I use for everything else anyway), and everything works perfectly. I’ve seen people on YT go through it and seem to act like everything works fine for them. I wonder if they’re ACTUALLY trying to program to completion and actually use the radio, and not just “demonstrate” how it’s supposed to work. Because it’s been my experience that it does not work,.. And I’m not new to radio programming stuff..

Another odd quirk. Has anyone been able to face-program the radio for repeater shift? My options menu gets to the shift and offset options but won’t allow anything to toggle..