8 Pin Straight Wire Mic Extension Cable

WRZX444

Question

I have a Wouxun KG-XS20G radio in my truck and looking to extend the mic cable with a straight non spiral cable.  I can't find this anywhere.  I'm not opposed to building my own cable but the female connector is hard to find.  Any help is appreciated.

6 answers to this question

Actually its an 8 pin DIN on that radio. The KG-1000G uses an RJ45 and Buy Two Way Radios does have an extension cable for that radio but nothing listed for the KG-XS20G.

But it wouldn't hurt to give them a call and ask. You never know they may be able to make one.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, WRWE456 said:

Actually its an 8 pin DIN on that radio. The KG-1000G uses an RJ45 and Buy Two Way Radios does have an extension cable for that radio but nothing listed for the KG-XS20G.

But it wouldn't hurt to give them a call and ask. You never know they may be able to make one.

Good luck!

DIN or Mini DIN?

Here’s a mini DIN extender:

KENTEK 6 Feet FT Mini DIN8 Extension Cable Cord Connector 28 AWG Molded Serial RS-232 MDIN 8 Pin Male to Female M/F for Peripheral Device https://a.co/d/c339le0

The KG-XS20G definitely uses the round DIN type connector for the mic.

XS20GMic.thumb.jpg.3f593a40ca9e4864ea62465dbc028724.jpg

The KG-1000G/G Plus uses a RJ45 connecter. I have not checked the pin outs on the 1000G hand mic. I do know that the cable for connecting the head to the main unit is NOT a straight through ethernet cable. Pins 5 and 7 are reversed