License Info

Guest Jake

On 1/29/2024 at 8:07 AM, Guest Jake said:

I completed the application for my license 10 days ago. How long does it normally take to receive my call sign? Thanks

Go to the FCC site and enter your FRN into ULS (Universal Licensing System) to see and print your license. The FCC doesn't notify you of grants,

I received an eMail from authorizations@fcc.gov with every transaction over the last few years ... the most current was in April 2023: "This email is to notify you of the recent grant of your application(s). The Commission currently provides access to the official version of your electronic licenses through License Manager in the Universal Licensing System (ULS) or by email. ..." 

On 1/27/2024 at 4:52 PM, WSAH452 said:

I just got my license as well just last week
I have two Baofeng radio's a BF-UV10R and a UV-5RA that were given to me for my birthday Back in November  
I'm just Learning to program the radios manually without Chirp Which I find out is the easiest and Fastest way to program these radios

Boefang-9-red.jpg

Boefang-5rv.jpg

On 11/23/2023 at 3:23 PM, hfd376 said:

I'm about 20 minutes into it, great presentation, Marc! 

On 11/19/2023 at 12:17 PM, WRWE456 said:

We should request that it be pinned to the top so we can refer new people to it.

49 minutes ago, OffRoaderX said:

Your Baofeng and the hypothetical baofeng standing next to the repeater have 6 inch antennas, low quality components, and output only a couple of watts..
The repeater has (probably) a perfectly tuned 10-foot or larger antenna, (probably) very high-end expensive and very sensitive components, and is outputting (probably) upwards of 50 watts.. So not only can the repeater hear everything much better than your $19 Baofeng, but it can squirt it's RF electricities many more fars as well.

On 1/29/2024 at 8:07 AM, Guest Jake said:

I completed the application for my license 10 days ago. How long does it normally take to receive my call sign? Thanks

I received my call sign in about 4 to 5 days. Just keep checking your email and the FCC website. You should receive an email as well.

Guest Clrcopy-WSAS743

I filled my info out Friday morning, logged in around 1am sat morning and my call sign was there, next morning I got an email.  I still can't get an account here, but I figure by Monday it should update here and I can join.