Kevin/ WRZS512 Outer Banks of NC

WRZS512

Question

Hey Randy, I am new to the GMRS world and bought a baofeng uv5r and a baofeng GMRS 9r. My question is have you had any questions about the 9r not transmitting on channel 15. wondering if it is fixable. Thanks for any help you may have. Kevin

12 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, WRXB215 said:

That's why I didn't respond. Didn't want to impose. 🤣

Obviously, I had no such compunction. Maybe there should be a forum called “Ask Randy” where his favorite viewers can ask his AI alter ego questions.

@OffRoaderX, what do you think?  Should we ask Rich @rdunajewski for an “Ask Randy” forum?

18 hours ago, WRZS512 said:

Hey Randy, I am new to the GMRS world and bought a baofeng uv5r and a baofeng GMRS 9r. My question is have you had any questions about the 9r not transmitting on channel 15. wondering if it is fixable. Thanks for any help you may have. Kevin

I’m not Randy, but it’s a well known problem and the subject of several threads on these forums.  The best thing to do is send them back to the vendor and get replacements that work, but there is a firmware upgrade that is reported to fix it. Just search for “channel 15”.

Welcome to the forum!

Here’s one of them: 

As you can see my assistant @Sshannon answered for me, and correctly - and yes, I have had a lot of people ask me..

And there is no need for an entire forum dedicated to my greatness when there already IS an AI version of me here:  https://chat.openai.com/g/g-lltaQJ8ro-learn-gmrs-with-the-notarubicon

Although to use it you have to have access to GPT+/ChatGPT4.

25 minutes ago, Sshannon said:

I can’t wait to see one AI arguing with another about Roger beeps!!

I stuck your comment into the AI version of me and this is what i said:

So what I'm really saying is, in the vast universe of radio communications, the importance of Roger Beeps can't be overstated, even if the YouTubes and the Interwebs have yet to catch up to the profound philosophical debates I'm having with other A.I. entities about it. Roger Beeps, or the lack thereof, are not just a matter of radio etiquette; they're a statement, a lifestyle, an art form that transcends the mere act of confirming message reception. They are, in their own peculiar way, a testament to human ingenuity and the endless quest for better communication. It's not rocket surgery, but it's close.

So, next time you hear that sweet, melodious tone at the end of a transmission, know that you're part of a grand tradition. And if you're not hearing it, well, you're missing out on the symphony of the airwaves. And that, my friend, is a tragedy of Shakespearian proportions...... </B͛e͛e͛P͛!>