Baofeng UV-5G Plus Software

WSAM429

Question

I downloaded and installed the latest Baofeng software on Windows. The spreadsheet-like display of the Channels and data show up. Plugged the 5G Plus using the programming cable, and the software sees the device on COM3, the only option. I can request the software to “Read Data From Radio”, and a dialog box pops up, I click Start, and the first thing that happens is it tries to "hand shake", but it immediately responds with “failure!". I can’t get beyond this point. Is there an actual User Guide for the software?

If Display A is set to Channel 30 (local open repeater requiring an input tone), and I go into Menu 12 (T-CTCSS) to add a 100.0 Hz tone, the radio indicates it’s accepted, but the “C” doesn’t light up on the display. Is the tone active? Why doesn’t the “C” display.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

—Mitch

14 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Sshannon said:

This forum is sometimes confusing when the posts get sorted according to votes rather than by date.

I find this to be the case for me as well. I wish the default was by date. I find myself changing that setting often so things make more sense keeping them in context, at least for me anyway.

11 hours ago, WRYS709 said:

You earn MORE myGMRS points when you actually answer the OP's problem, as compared to when you correct others who offer wrong answers...

You lose points, and credibility when you send the OP on a wild goose chase with incorrect information.  

I have been using the CPS for a while now with my UV-5G Plus radios, its.... OK.

One feature in chirp I enjoy is the ease of cut/paste and inserting rows pretty much like you would in Excel. CPS, at least for me, does not want to do that.

14 hours ago, WSAM429 said:

The working link from Baofeng. Apologies for the delay. I thought I had already uploaded it

https://baofeng.s3.amazonaws.com/Baofeng_UV5G_Plus_CPS_1.1.9_20231205.zip

Windows only, mediocre at best but works

You did, back on February 27.  This forum is sometimes confusing when the posts get sorted according to votes rather than by date.

7 hours ago, OffRoaderX said:

Great idea and great advice!   

....too bad Chirp is not compatible with the UV-5G Plus..... But other than that, great answer!

You earn MORE myGMRS points when you actually answer the OP's problem, as compared to when you correct others who offer wrong answers...

3 minutes ago, OffRoaderX said:

You lose points, and credibility when you send the OP on a wild goose chase with incorrect information.  

I got it, that I made a mistake, from your first post, repetition is just plain online bullying!

Some people can dish out snark, but sure can't take it in return...