Tidradio TD-H3 questions.

WSAA635

Question

Ok, so I got my radio today and I've been setting it up using both the supplied software from Tidradio and the bluetooth app. With the factory software I couldn't see the headings of the columns but I managed a work around by taking a screenshot from a video of a guy using the software then using that to let me know what each column was. Factory software wouldn't let me add airband channels but the bluetooth app did.   It took me a while to figure out that you have to set the Scan function to "Add" or you can't change channels.

Now to the question. How can I skip channels that I don't want to scan and only scan the few that I do want? With the Baofengs using CHIRP it's easy, you just check the "Skip" box and you're good to go. There's no such box in either the factory software or the app. Thanks in advance.

8 answers to this question

OK, so I set up the radio, unlocked and AM "on" and programed all my local Airbands and added the 5 MURS channels so I'd have something to communicate with since the Airband antenna is rated for 100MHz to 300MHz and would be useless on GMRS frequencies. I guess this will just be my Airband/MURS radio which is fine since I've got a few others for GMRS and local Highway Patrol(scan only) to play with. All in all it seems like a solid little radio and I'd like to pick up an H8 10watt to play with when funds allow.

One thing also to note if you do eventually get an amateur radio lisence, that radio should do pretty well there especially at 10watts, as well. And in SHTF situations it's also good to program in the amateur call frequencies, because in the case of life or death I'd rather have as many options as possible.