UHF male pl-259 adapter for baofeng uv-5g plus

WSBB821

Question

Recently bought a Surecom SW-102S power/swr meter with a dummy load and a patch cable that has male pl-259 plugs on both ends. What adapter do I need to fit the cable onto my Baofeng UV-5 G Plus GMRS radio for testing?

7 answers to this question

9 hours ago, WSBB821 said:

Recently bought a Surecom SW-102S power/swr meter with a dummy load and a patch cable that has male pl-259 plugs on both ends. What adapter do I need to fit the cable onto my Baofeng UV-5 G Plus GMRS radio for testing?

You need either a “barrel adapter” with an SMA female on one side and SO-239 on the other, or a jumper cable with a PL-259 on one end and an SMA female on the other. 

Eventually you’ll have every combination of adapter 😁!
Here’s a kit that might help get you started: 

https://a.co/d/1Bzh3h4

Don’t worry about what wrxp381 says he has never felt the need to do. He says that sometimes, but his “needs” are irrelevant to your question. It’s nice to know the output of your radio and it’s simply not true that you can’t test SWR with a handheld.
He may have meant that testing the SWR of a handheld’s antenna doesn’t mean much and I would agree with that.

10 hours ago, WSBB821 said:

This. They're all over Ebay and Amazon. SMA Female to SO-239 adapter. Also, you don't need anyone's approval to test your HT. 

image.thumb.png.c154c906d4ed5927c77d47bdfad9ea89.png