gmrs licence

Guest yagoda715@gmail.com

Guest yagoda715@gmail.com

Hi

I filed the application for a GMRS license and paid the $35 dollar fee.  How/when do I get my call sign?

thanks

Harolkd

1 hour ago, Guest yagoda715@gmail.com said:

Hi

I filed the application for a GMRS license and paid the $35 dollar fee.  How/when do I get my call sign?

thanks

Harolkd

Usually within 24 hours, possibly 48. 
But access to this site doesn’t occur immediately. That might take another week. 

2 hours ago, Guest yagoda715@gmail.com said:

How/when do I get my call sign?

I'm not sure how the FCC communicates your new license to you these days, it's been a couple of years since I got mine, and several years since I got my amateur call, but you can check daily on their site:

https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/searchGmrs.jsp

Just type in your FRN and click on the search button, and if your license has been issued, it will show up. The FCC database normally updates once a day, overnight, so check in the morning.

image.thumb.jpeg.b151f1ad2ada8e2462a51d9d33ddd400.jpeg

4 minutes ago, WRYJ977 said:

I don't think I ever got a notice mine was granted. I just kept doing the lookup on the FCC site till it showed on there.

You'd think you would get some sort of piece of paper in the mail afterwards, but nothing of the sort came for me.. Just kept checking in on that broken website until it listed a call sign.

My most recent license was in early 2022.  I received an email notification that my license had been granted. 
Also, a year ago I changed the trustees for our ham club licenses and I received an immediate notification. Here’s the screenshot:

IMG_3881.thumb.png.b48bd091b1976b9b6c436132940095f3.png

On 4/24/2024 at 9:28 PM, SvenMarbles said:

You'd think you would get some sort of piece of paper in the mail afterwards, but nothing of the sort came for me.. Just kept checking in on that broken website until it listed a call sign.

Yeah I ended up just downloading the pdf file of my license and printed it out. The FCC doesn't mail you anything. Lol

On 4/24/2024 at 11:28 PM, SvenMarbles said:

You'd think you would get some sort of piece of paper in the mail afterwards, ....

WHAT?    That would cost postage!    We have 235,385,823,556,235,765 illegals and 28 foreign countries to support with "foreign aid".  No way you're getting the US Government to waste postage on YOU, taxpayer.  Joey Biden doesn't do ANYTHING for the taxpaying American.

BOHICA