Non GMRS Radio Antennas

Question for those who may be using a non GMRS HT, Baofang, Quanshang, or one of the many other brands that are capable of TX/RX on GMRS frequencies.  Are you getting by using the antenna that came with the radio, typically 144-148/420-450MHz or have you upgraded to a GMRS 462-467MHz antenna and if so, what antenna are you using?

I am using the Compactenna scan-III .  Its more of a "general" purpose wide band antenna, but seems to work very well for gmrs.  Below are swr results in the 462-467 range, with this same antenna I can get into 2 meters with a swr of around 2 (not great but workable).  I think are are other antennas not so "general purpose".   Some can more focused on 2 to 3 bands (2 meter/70 cm/gmrs etc)...   The third is 420-470 swr results.   Its all a tradeoff.  best of luck 

462_467.jpg

2METER.jpg

420.jpg

For my 70cm gmrs hts. I usually use what is supplied with them. Aka my motorola xts5ks.

For my ham radios (2m/70cm/aprs and gmrs) I have found stocks antennas are ok. But the stock rubber duck antennas did the best job trying go across such a wide bandwidth. Even the signal stick was barely an improvement on the 878uv, caused intermod issued with the Feng bf8hp for me at least.

For my gmrs hts I usually swap them for Nagoya 701c and they perform admirably.

The harris xg100m. The long high gain antenna works the best. It's tri band and is adequate.

Real short, stock rubber ducks work fine. If it is a gmrs specific ht. I found the Nagoya 701c a good antenna.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk