Baofeng MP31 GMRS

I was looking for a low priced radio option to take to the beach and came across the MP31 radios.  For ~$10 ea they have an IP54 rating and can be programmed using a Baofeng specific software.  They are only narrow band but we’re pushing right at 2w.  

I programmed them to my local repeaters and everything seems good to go.  If they make it back from the beach they will become my “hand out” radios next hurricane/cell phone outage.  

I’ll give a better AAR after we use them more.  

IMG_1586.jpeg

IMG_1587.jpeg

IMG_1588.jpeg

IMG_1589.jpeg

I have a couple of MP31s and I love them. They were my first GMRS radios. Sound quality is better than I expected. Easy to use and quite durable. These are my go-to radios for anything short and simple like going up in the attic to work.

Used them on the beach once and talked for exactly 1 mile clear as a bell.

Up in the mountains in New Mexico they did fine. Every time my son disappeared around a finger out of sight, we still had coms.

Down at White Sands, the dunes were no problem.

Nice little gems these radios.

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, OffRoaderX said:

Yes. Sorry..

When I programmed mine, they were all set for NB on all channels, and I was unable to alter them to WB.  But definately worth the 23 bucks for the pair.

Just what Wifeypoo wanted, a basic, no frills turn on and use radio as she has no interest in my radiodorkness!