FCC Shutdown of New York GMRS Linked Repeater System

On 7/13/2024 at 8:31 PM, SteveShannon said:

This!!!

Forums are always full of people who just can’t believe that rules and laws mean nothing more or less than what is actually written in the rule or law, not what is written elsewhere. They always attempt to explain the intent, but the fact is that intent is worthless. The only thing that ever matters in a courtroom is the letter of the law. 
But the reality is that the road to the courthouse can be very expensive and most of us know that we can’t afford to fight as long as it might take to get to the letter of the law. That’s where risk aversion comes from. 

Meanwhile,  quite a few here are blowing nothing but angry hot air because 'big man' is putting the hammer down..  And some of us are laughing our a$$ off on the sidelines..   

9 minutes ago, WRUE951 said:

you seem to have participated in a lot of $hit,   Since you have all this 'experience'  put your BIG BOY shoes on and grow some 'B''s and take your childish anger out on the FCC..    No excuses bared.   Do your duty and prove your point to the FCC..   And I'll just sit here and watch..   LMAO 

You seem to be projecting. That’s a bad way to start a week. I hope whatever it is gets better for you. 

1 hour ago, WRUE951 said:

you seem to have participated in a lot of $hit,   Since you have all this 'experience'  put your BIG BOY shoes on and grow some 'B''s and take your childish anger out on the FCC..    No excuses bared.   Do your duty and prove your point to the FCC..   And I'll just sit here and watch..   LMAO 

I'm with Steve on this one.  You seem to be the angry one.  Like, I think you might need therapy after reading that pathetic string of posts.  You can't win the debate with facts to back your opinion, so you start name-calling, being vulgar and antagonistic.  A true sign that you are losing and angry about it.

Lets be very, very clear about something... I have zero F's to give.  I have no grievance with the FCC.  I like the way things are working right now.  I don't have a dog in the fight, I'm not buying one, and I have nothing to prove.

Frankly, I don't care about your opinion either.  The only reason I post what I do is so someone new to the forum or with less information, doesn't come in here, read the crap you post, and mistakenly believe it is correct because there was no voice to oppose it.  The truth is linked repeaters are legal (via several means), they are not going anywhere and not one single person whining about has been able to provide a single shred of proof to the contrary.

Also, I'm not mad about anything.  Though, I do feel bad for you from time to time.

Anyway, the mean ole repeater owners aren't going anywhere.  Find a new hobby or get over it.

5 minutes ago, marcspaz said:

You seem to be the angry one.  Like, I think you might need therapy after reading that pathetic string of posts.  You can't win the debate with facts to back your opinion, so you start name-calling, being vulgar and antagonistic.  A true sign that you are losing and angry about it.

Hey, my ignore list just grew to six, and now this thread is much less aggravating...  I highly recommend it!

17 hours ago, WRQC527 said:

Mostly because people keep responding to him. It's like trying to reason with a jammer on a repeater. 

You don't reason with jammers... you beg big brother FCC to do something about it in hopes that they'll use their one enforcement act a year to send the jammer a mean letter, which someone will then post on here as proof that the FCC is going to send $50k fines to everyone that keys up a UV-5R on GMRS frequencies.

3 hours ago, WSCN901 said:

You don't reason with jammers... you beg big brother FCC to do something about it in hopes that they'll use their one enforcement act a year to send the jammer a mean letter, which someone will then post on here as proof that the FCC is going to send $50k fines to everyone that keys up a UV-5R on GMRS frequencies.

And remind them as they get their door kicked in, their dog(s) shot, and their kids Spongebob Squarepants walkie talkies confiscated, that it has saved democracy. 😋

OK, so I am joining this topic way late, but I read through most of the comments. My question is that a video on here stated that a Baofeng radio could not be used legally on GMRS unless you had a HAM license in addition to a GMRS license. Is that a transmit power thing or is it bunk?

6 minutes ago, WSCE577 said:

My question is that a video on here stated that a Baofeng radio could not be used legally on GMRS unless you had a HAM license in addition to a GMRS license. Is that a transmit power thing or is it bunk?

Depends on the Baofeng radio.
If it is a Baofeng HAM radio, then the FCCs says it cannot be used on GMRS.
If it is a Baofeng GMRS radio then IF you have a GMRS license, the FCCs says you can use it on GMRS.

The question you should be asking is, does anyone, including the FCCs, care?

47 minutes ago, WSCE577 said:

a video on here stated that a Baofeng radio could not be used legally on GMRS unless you had a HAM license in addition to a GMRS license.

I would literally pay a small amount of cash to see that video. 

4 hours ago, OffRoaderX said:

Today's update:

TL;DW: Linked repeater networks in Texas, Arizona, North Carlina and Arkansas have shut down in the last 24 hours.

Im not going to lie... sometimes I'm the "some people" identified in your closing statement. BUT... in my defense, as soon as everyone realizes I am always right, we will all get along much better. 

30 minutes ago, quarterwave said:

Anyone here know anything about linking 2 repeaters together? I think it would be an awesome idea, and I just thought of it. Any info out there?

(Sarcasm 100% intended).

I've often thought about it. I think it's a great idea. From what I've read, especially here, there seems to be not only universal support for the idea, but very clear rules set forth by the FCC concerning implementation. I say let's try it! What's the worst that can happen.

1 hour ago, quarterwave said:

(Sarcasm 100% intended).

Be careful, some people (no "") do not care for sarcasm, humor, nor fun of any kind. I read it in another thread on this forum. It would appear forums should be limited to the dry exchange of non opinionated data. I believe this would provide a safer place for all involved and I, for one, would welcome it.

6 minutes ago, WRHS218 said:

Be careful, some people (no "") do not care for sarcasm, humor, nor fun of any kind. I read it in another thread on this forum. It would appear forums should be limited to the dry exchange of non opinionated data. I believe this would provide a safer place for all involved and I, for one, would welcome it.

That’s right, I forgot about that post… something about how we’re not supposed to have any fun. Come on now people get serious 😂

1 hour ago, WRHS218 said:

1 hour ago, WRUU653 said:

That’s right, I forgot about that post… something about how we’re not supposed to have any fun. Come on now people get serious 😂

Wait... what?  What did I miss?

34 minutes ago, marcspaz said:

Wait... what?  What did I miss?

https://forums.mygmrs.com/topic/6252-time-to-get-serious/?_rid=9445

I think there was another one that was specifically about the forum but I’m not sure. You gotta have humor in life though… I think anyway.

Edited by WRUU653
Additional comment