Immediate family use of gmrs callsign

My mother lives about 4 hours away and she and i would like to know if she can use my callsign goung from handheld to handjeld no repeaters involved to talk to my sisters and nephews they all have there own callsigns just wondering if she can use mine without me being present

Undocumented H.A.M. radio operator for over 40 years here, so nobody can question or dispute anything I say. 
FCC LAW 95.1705 c(2) says:

Any individual who holds an individual license may allow his or her immediate family members to operate his or her GMRS station or stations. Immediate family members are the licensee's spouse, children, grandchildren, stepchildren, parents, grandparents, stepparents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, and in-laws.

Failure to follow this law or violating it in any way will result in jail-time or a $10,000 fine, so don't risk it. Instead just make her get a H.A.M. ticket and be done with it.

1 hour ago, WRXD637 said:

My mother lives about 4 hours away and she and i would like to know if she can use my callsign goung from handheld to handjeld no repeaters involved to talk to my sisters and nephews they all have there own callsigns just wondering if she can use mine without me being present

Yes she can.  

3 hours ago, WRXD637 said:

Yes

8 hours ago, WRXD637 said:

yes she can.

20 hours ago, OffRoaderX said:

Undocumented H.A.M. radio operator for over 40 years here, so nobody can question or dispute anything I say. 
FCC LAW 95.1705 c(2) says:

Failure to follow this law or violating it in any way will result in jail-time or a $10,000 fine, so don't risk it. Instead just make her get a H.A.M. ticket and be done with it.

"Any individual who holds an individual license may allow his or her immediate family members to operate his or her GMRS station or stations."

An interesting point here if this is taken (as the FCC loves to not always do...) literally.  If the licensee gives family members a radio he owns, they can operate under his callsign. But if they've bought their own radio, it's not part of the licensee's station, now is it?  Being close to other licensed rel's, have one of them throw you a Baofeng and let 'er rip!

1 hour ago, Davichko5650 said:

"Any individual who holds an individual license may allow his or her immediate family members to operate his or her GMRS station or stations."

An interesting point here if this is taken (as the FCC loves to not always do...) literally.  If the licensee gives family members a radio he owns, they can operate under his callsign. But if they've bought their own radio, it's not part of the licensee's station, now is it?  Being close to other licensed rel's, have one of them throw you a Baofeng and let 'er rip!

Yes, and it’s even more clearly spelled out in 95.1705(f):

(f) Cooperative use of GMRS stations. GMRS licensees may share the use of their stations with other persons eligible in the GMRS, subject to the conditions and limitations in this paragraph.

(1) The GMRS station to be shared must be individually owned by the licensee, jointly owned by the participants and the licensee, leased individually by the licensee, or leased jointly by the participants and the licensee.

(2) The licensee must maintain access to and control over all stations authorized under its license.

8 minutes ago, SteveShannon said:

(f) Cooperative use of GMRS stations. GMRS licensees may share the use of their stations with other persons eligible in the GMRS, subject to the conditions and limitations in this paragraph.

(1) The GMRS station to be shared must be individually owned by the licensee, jointly owned by the participants and the licensee, leased individually by the licensee, or leased jointly by the participants and the licensee.

(2) The licensee must maintain access to and control over all stations authorized under its license.

Not that I care, because I don't, but wouldn't some of this contradict (or at least call into question) all the unqualified "yes" responses to the OP's question? 

33 minutes ago, SteveShannon said:

(f) Cooperative use of GMRS stations.

Is this section more geared to letting other GMRS licensee's use your radios who are not immediate family members though?  Otherwise seems a bit redundant, not that the Eff Cee Cee has ever not been so....

This is precisely why the SCOTUS Loper Bright decision is beneficial to those who value liberty. The FCC and its ugly cousin (ATF) need to settle down and let people be.

The way I understand the intent of this regulation is that when the licensee and his family are taking part in some sort of outing together, the licensee can hand out GMRS radios to his family members and allow them to use the radios and call sign during the event. Using the call sign of a licensee who lives in another state to rag chew locally seems to be a stretch to me.

Edited by WRXB215
typo

This has really gone too far. There are surely zero enforcements where the FCC checks receipts of grandma two miles away from her grandson, the license holder, to see if she owns the equipment she's using, and to see if her use is under direct control of the license holder. For that matter, if she and her radio were under direct control of the license holder, they very well wouldn't need to be talking over GMRS.

1 hour ago, marcspaz said:

Im blaming you for this one. My hands are clean.

I forgot all about this thread and wasn't even really paying attention from the beginning.. I just hop in, stir the pot and let everyone else figure it out.
Carry on guys, you're doing great!

34 minutes ago, OffRoaderX said:

I forgot all about this thread and wasn't even really paying attention from the beginning.. I just hop in, stir the pot and let everyone else figure it out.
Carry on guys, you're doing great!

Sometimes in the background while reading some of these threads, I hear "Yakety Sax" by the artist, Boots Randolpho in my head.

2 hours ago, WRXB215 said:

The way I understand the intent of this regulation is that when the licensee and his family are taking part in some sort of outing together, the licensee can hand out GMRS radios to his family members and allow them to use the radios and call sign during the event. Using the call sign of a licensee who lives in another state to rag chew locally seems to be a stretch to me.

That's essentially what I did.  I bought 10 radios and passed them out to my local family.  They are using my radios along with my call sign.  They rarely use them.  Me and the wife are the primary users and we use the same base station or my HTs.

Good thing you’re not in charge.

5 hours ago, Davichko5650 said:

Leased?  Who out there is renting GMRS radios?????

Merus off-road park in Texas is one example. It was covered in a thread here a while back. They require patrons to have GMRS radios, and they rent them out.