22 replies to this topic

#21 XSevenSonata

XSevenSonata

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:54 AM

So, the Anytone AT-D868UV is available now, I see the going price about $160. I don't know for how long, but, that's cheaper than expected. I may go with it, as it doesn't seem too much more than the GD-77 (less than $220) but, I want to wait a little until I found out more about the Anytone AT-D868S which is suppose to be a 10W/5W/2.5W/0.5W model of it. Although the extra transmitting power is nice, it seems to have some compromises such as less channels and maybe contacts. 5W is usually not enough some places I go, but, 8W usually is. If the 7W of the 868UV is pretty solid, it may be okay, but, I'd rather not get it and the power is more of 5.5W, though the 868S 10W would be nice.

#22 Guest_spd641_*

Guest_spd641_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:50 AM

So, the Anytone AT-D868UV is available now, I see the going price about $160. I don't know for how long, but, that's cheaper than expected. I may go with it, as it doesn't seem too much more than the GD-77 (less than $220) but, I want to wait a little until I found out more about the Anytone AT-D868S which is suppose to be a 10W/5W/2.5W/0.5W model of it. Although the extra transmitting power is nice, it seems to have some compromises such as less channels and maybe contacts. 5W is usually not enough some places I go, but, 8W usually is. If the 7W of the 868UV is pretty solid, it may be okay, but, I'd rather not get it and the power is more of 5.5W, though the 868S 10W would be nYou are limited to 5 watts on GMRS hand held

You are limited to 5 watts on GMRS hand held...William

#23 XSevenSonata

XSevenSonata

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:27 AM

You are limited to 5 watts on GMRS hand held...William

Despite my comment being posted in someone's GMRS topic, it was a random conversation that was going on that wasn't related to the original post or GMRS. I didn't feel the need to create my own topic or start a private conversation, though, I do apologize for "hijacking" the original post, and, unless someone has something to add onto that comment, I feel the conversation will cease.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users