Welcome!

rdunajewski

Greetings everyone! From Missouri here and just got my license after soaking up hours of YouTube and Reddit content. I have a couple hand helds for the wife and I and intend to expand over time with a car unit and a station at home. 

I notice there’s no repeaters around my area which is typical it looks like. Rural Missouri. 

Howdy Folks! The family does a lot of mountain off-roading in SXSs and FRS just doesn't cut it anymore. So we have moved to GMRS for greater range and repeater use. I've been in Comms/IT for 30+ years. I was a green suit Tropo/SkeeterLOS microwave radio repair guy for Uncle Sam for 6 years back in the day. But it's been a minute so I'm back into learning mode with GMRS. Also, as a private pilot, I'm on the air bands while flying PIC.

Note: If anyone needs help with a Home Internet/IT issue? Let me know. IT is my daily gig. Perhaps I can help.

I'm also an avid VR pilot in DCS (its way cheaper than flying the real thing). I have a full motionless VR simpit setup. I can answer questions and help with that as well. 

V/R

Del (WSDN287)

Now.. How do I land this thing?

ATOPS.jpg.663cf1aace18a65203a313cf59fd9217.jpg

13 minutes ago, Delmustator said:

Howdy Folks! The family does a lot of mountain off-roading in SXSs and FRS just doesn't cut it anymore. So we have moved to GMRS for greater range and repeater use. I've been in Comms/IT for 30+ years. I was a green suit Tropo/SkeeterLOS microwave radio repair guy for Uncle Sam for 6 years back in the day. But it's been a minute so I'm back into learning mode with GMRS. Also, as a private pilot, I'm on the air bands while flying PIC.

Note: If anyone needs help with a Home Internet/IT issue? Let me know. IT is daily gig. Perhaps I can help.

I'm also an avid VR pilot in DCS (its way cheaper than flying the real thing). I have a full motionless VR simpit setup. I can answer questions and help with that as well. 

V/R

Del (WSDN287)

Now.. How do I land this thing?

ATOPS.jpg.663cf1aace18a65203a313cf59fd9217.jpg

Welcome!

Thanks for the add.  I come to the whole “radiosphere” relatively late in the game as I have been retired for 2 decades but, I like the idea of learning something new so, here I am.  Looking forward to learning from the corporate knowledge and making some new friends in the process. 
Some of the radioheads in my area (Pensacola-Navarre-Fort Walton Beach, FL) may hear a radio check soon!

WSDN494

On 7/4/2024 at 4:00 AM, RickMz said:

Thanks for the add.  I come to the whole “radiosphere” relatively late in the game as I have been retired for 2 decades but, I like the idea of learning something new so, here I am.  Looking forward to learning from the corporate knowledge and making some new friends in the process. 
Some of the radioheads in my area (Pensacola-Navarre-Fort Walton Beach, FL) may hear a radio check soon!

WSDN494

Welcome 👋😃