Welcome!

rdunajewski

• 2 weeks later...

Newbie checking in, just received my call sign earlier this week. What started as a pair of 935G Plus HTs, it is now going further down the rabbit hole, had little idea how deep it is, especially antennas AND height. Base stations, telescoping masts, LMR 400 cabling, etc. etc. A lot to learn.

This is a great forum, glad ot be a part of it.

Hello from Oklahoma: WRTC493

had my license for a couple years now just recently purchased a couple of Baofeng UV-5G Plus GMRS radios to get started. 
Finding out not a lot of folks in my area even knows what GMRS is - I’m still trying to find repeaters and how they work & get them active.

Looks like there’s only two that’s really close to my area.

Now - thinking of working on the idea of installing a radio for inside the house with an external antenna.

anyway, thanks and I will keep reading.

Edit: if it members here are from Oklahoma and would share repeater info with me - if possible through a private message, I could get you my email and we can carry-on that conversation there.

Thank You.

Edited by Millimar

New member here. Just made my first successful transmission on my way home from work as I drove past the repeater (that seems to be the popular one near me). I use radio waves every day at work but this is more fun...Have a couple new antennas on the way and I'm sure this is only just beginning...Pretty excited, and the folks here have already been more than helpful as I'm beginning my quest. 

Hi to everyone. Just got my license and looking forward to getting active in this hobby. Used to be an avid CB'er back in the old days. Going to try to learn as much as I can with all these forum topics. I need to get some knowledge on repeaters.