Welcome!

rdunajewski

Sorry if this is not the place for this message but I have a friend that just got his call sign and is trying to sign up for this site but it seems like the site is not recognizing his call sign.  I have checked the FCC website and it shows his call sign as active.  Is there something that he is missing or needs to do?  I don't remember having to wait once I received my callsign to sign up.

Thank you,

Mike

WSBB626

23 minutes ago, WSBB626 said:

... I have checked the FCC website and it shows his call sign as active...

... I don't remember having to wait once I received my callsign to sign up...

Don't quote me on this - BUT - I guess that this site does only update on a certain schedule and that is likely to cause a delay. It would be unlikely for any site (including this) to trigger an instant update based on an individual sign up.

I would give it a day or two before escalating this :)

In any case: WELCOME - glad you found us !!!

From the Guest forum introduction:

Note to Guest Users:  To participate in all Forum threads, you must be registered at the main MyGMRS.com website listed below. In order to register at the main website, you must have a valid FCC issued GMRS license and call sign.  It can sometimes take up to a week for the FCC database to sync with the MyGMRS.com database, so if you try to register at the main website and get a note stating that the license listed in your application is not valid, please wait a couple days and try again.  Once you are registered at the main website, THEN  you can also register here at the forum. Thank you.

Just starting out on my journey.  I ordered the wife and I a pair of Tidradio GM-5R's off Amazon.  At least they turn on and charge (That's about as far as I have made it this evening.  I had to rebuild my home internet network due to equipment failure.  I am looking forward to learning many new things here and upgrading in the future as needed.  So far I figured that I need to learn how to get set up on a Repeater or two and program the radio to talk to and listen to them.  Be Patient with me...  LOL  And Thank you for having me here!

Have been reading this forum for a bit prior to joining up. The info provided has been helpful! Have a MX115 and DB-25G. The MX115 is going to be used as a base, do to the simplicity of the unit for family members to use. Needing to gather the needed items to bring the base online. Have a couple of handhelds that will be used when traveling with others or around were we are at. (easier than a cell phone!) Thanks for having a place to share ideas and help!