#1 HowieDewing

HowieDewing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCooper City, Florida
  • GMRS Callsign:WRDL349

Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:24 PM

I am new to GMRS and recently received my license. I am located in Southwest Broward County, FL (Cooper City). I did not see a listing for any repeaters in my area. Would anyone know if there are any repeaters in my area that I could do a radio check with? Do I need to do something with my settings or get permission to access a local repeater for GMRS? 

I am using my radio for personal use and considering getting my HAM license. For now, my wife and I are just trying to get familiar with the GMRS and FRS frequencies.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

HowieDewing

#2 marcspaz

marcspaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:27 AM

Hey Howie, welcome.

Unfortunately, we don't publish specific repeater information in the public forums, to prevent unlicensed users from abusing the service.  I can tell you that between the "Maps" feature and the directory, it looks like there are potentially several that serve your area.

If you haven't created an account on www.mygmrs.com, you will need to in order to access the directory.  It is a separate login from the forums.  Once,you are logged in, look at the "Maps" and search the directory, include the whole state and sort by city.  You should be able to see the same repeaters that I do.

• Corey likes this

#3 n4gix

n4gix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WQWU626
  • Ham Callsign:N4GIX

Posted 16 June 2019 - 07:09 PM

I see 80 repeaters listed as being in Florida. It is highly likely that some of them are no longer active, but also likely that you will find one near you.

Don't forget that you can use simplex as well. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users