What's missing from myGMRS.com?

rdunajewski

see bullet point 4

Ok, look. I like the notarubicon stuff but try not to sarcasm me personally. Do that to the audience on Youtube. And if it allows you to communicate with me in a civil manner, I do not have any government licenses, other than my GMRS license related to radio communications regardless of the 20 years of transmitter service I did in the "pager days".

1 hour ago, WRKW566 said:

Ok, please don't pick up the pitch forks and torches just yet...

As a new member of MyGMRS.com I find several things that make me want to just skip past and go watch a u-toob or go out and cut the lawn.

In the spirit of brevity I will bullet-point instead of ramble on (like I am already doing :)

+ I am required to use a browser I don't like to access the site. The site uses browser specific html.

+ Navigating around in the site requires repeated logging-in. Possibly a browser issue but even my bank works better.

+The Repeater Map does not show known repeaters that can be verified on other websites and through the use of a handheld radio. Repeaters sound different than peer-to-peer communications. (and they ID with code, etc.)

Note: I gather that the map is a linked resource... perhaps that resource has been depreciated due to cleaning out the repeater frying pan. (trying to say anything BUT the L-word.)

+There needs to be adult moderation of the Forum. I can't have friends and family (this is the core of GMRS) reading the b.s. that might not bother me but is just not what regular adults put up with.

Forgive me for being a mouthy newbie.

Now you may begin chasing me through the forest screaming for vengeance. :)

WRKW566

Welcome to the forums. 
* I use Safari, Chrome, Edge, and even Internet Explorer and have never stumbled across anything that failed to work.
* I haven’t had to re-login for years.  As you say it might be browser related.

* The repeater map only shows what repeater owners enter.  If otherwise verifiable repeaters don’t appear on the map it’s most likely because the owners didn’t add them, or you have the map set to show only active repeaters.  After a year of not being touched by the owner the status changes to outdated and they disappear from the map unless you click that characteristic.

* I disagree about the need for moderation.  The site is moderated; it just isn’t constantly monitored.  If something is too reprehensible or violates the rules we report it and Rich moderates. Although there are occasional disputes, we know how to report them, ignore them, or walk away. 

Again, welcome!

Thank you Steve!

My reaction to the first reply from the forum was probably over sensitive.

I am learning to work around the browser issues and those may all be on me as well.

And I do like the notarubicon videos and even if I catch some of it "personally". I will choose to feel like someone famous has stopped for a moment to notice their followers. <attached a text simile, but the editor wants to blob a yellow thing at you>

26 minutes ago, WRKW566 said:

Thank you Steve!

I am learning to work around the browser issues and those may all be on me as well.

And I do like the notarubicon videos and even if I catch some of it "personally". I will choose to feel like someone famous has stopped for a moment to notice their followers. <attached a text simile, but the editor wants to blob a yellow thing at you>

There are two different logins for this site. One for the repeater pages and a separate one for the forum. I think that’s because of the forum software. But once your browser remembers both logins you shouldn’t have to re-login. 

If you decide a post goes too far, close ck on the three dots and report it. Rich has been very responsive when I have done that, but I don’t report something just because it is personally offensive to me. 
l have been the target of OffroaderX’s “humor” from time to time, but he does more good than harm. He does a lot of good stuff for GMRS without ever patting himself on the back. So, if he refers to me as “Some People” or a “Sad Ham” occasionally I guess I can live with it. 
And yes, the forum software does automatically try to replace ascii emojis with bad blobby emoticons. Wait until you see what happens to @Hoppyjr quotations! 😄

1 hour ago, WRKW566 said:

Thank you Steve!

• Which browser are you using? I may have missed that.
  • Which platform are you on? Mobile (Android, iOS) or Desktop (MacOS, Linux, Windows).
  • Which version of the browser are you on?
  • Are you running any browser add-ons or extensions? If yes, which and are they updated?

I have accessed this forum with Chrome, Edge, Safari (on mobile), Firefox, LibreWolf and Brave Browsers (all desktop and mobile versions). The only time I had issues with the site was when my browser was blocking HTML5 Canvas. Once I allowed the site to read it the image issues (they would all come up with scanlines across them) went away.

I've never personally been logged out of this website, so I am wondering if you are automagically clearing cookies on browser shutdown or maybe blocking some of them?

Let me know! I would love to help you hammer this out.