What's missing from myGMRS.com?

rdunajewski

On 4/29/2022 at 9:08 AM, kmcdonaugh said:

The "stale repeater" function needs a little updating. Repeater owners will not update their repeaters even if they are online. One year seems fair for a repeater to go "stale". However there should be a button or toggle to let other users, who can hit the repeater, let mygmrs know the repeater is in fact still online. A good example is WRAL242 repeater in Troy, Tx. That repeater is online and I use it almost daily, but the owner has not updated it in a while. It does not show unless you toggle "Show stale repeaters". It would be convenient for people like me who know the repeater is online, to simply hit a button that says something along the lines of "this repeater is not stale" or "this repeater is online". Then it could be on the main map without having to sort through stale repeaters that may be offline. It may also get used more.

Not only that but instead of "stale" repeaters they can be community confirmed to be working which might filter out some of the repeaters that are listed but do not exist.  

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/23/2023 at 8:13 AM, WRVR537 said:

How about a feature using google maps API (or something similar) where I could put in my starting and ending destination, and it would give me a list, or show me on the map, all of the repeaters that would be useful on my road trip? 

I built my own version of that and it’s great.   Was willing to share with site owner but he has no interest.   I have everything loaded up KML for my popular ‘spots’ and my route highlights available repeaters and information needed for my travels…. Really not that difficult to compile. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

The REPORTS feature seems to offer a bunch of garbage info. For example, if I export a list of repeaters, it fills in the tone data with what appears to be garbage. Maybe I'm reading it incorrectly, but for repeaters near me with tone info that I know is "CTCSS 141.3 TX / 141.3 RX" it will have that info as well as figures in the DTCSS TX/RX fields which does not seem to correspond with anything I was given from the repeater owners. It has this info filled out for every repeater, some of which is definitely different than the tone info I have from the repeater owners.

I can try to replicate this if needed.

EDIT: Maybe I am unfamiliar. Am I being dumb about something I should already understand?