Chirp Integration Request

rdunajewski

Hey everyone, we've been trying to get Chirp integrated with myGMRS for a while but the problem has been a lack of interest, according to the creator of Chirp. There's now a request for integration but we could use your help to prove there's interest out there. 

Please post a comment in support of the feature: https://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/9169

Thanks!

By Integration, do you mean having Chirp add the ability to download repeaters in my area from myGMRS in much the same way it can be done from the other site it supports?

If so, yes that would be a nice feature. More importantly though is the need to support all the radios that are being used for GMRS.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

3 hours ago, mbrun said:

By Integration, do you mean having Chirp add the ability to download repeaters in my area from myGMRS in much the same way it can be done from the other site it supports?

If so, yes that would be a nice feature. More importantly though is the need to support all the radios that are being used for GMRS.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

Exactly, myGMRS would be another option in Chirp for pulling in frequencies. You'd log in just like RadioReference and select the repeaters you want.

On 6/28/2021 at 8:39 PM, rdunajewski said:

Hey everyone, we've been trying to get Chirp integrated with myGMRS for a while but the problem has been a lack of interest, according to the creator of Chirp. There's now a request for integration but we could use your help to prove there's interest out there. 

Please post a comment in support of the feature: https://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/9169

Thanks!

Done!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 6:39 PM, rdunajewski said:

Thanks!

For the newbies, such as me. I have to ask... What is CHIRP? I am lost on this one. 

In a nutshell: CHIRP is an open source radio programming tool that in many cases is better than the manufacturers programming software. The software will program a lot of the more popular radios. Newer radios will normally be added to the list, but sometimes takes a while. Use your favorite search engine to lookup CHIRP.

11 minutes ago, WRHS218 said:

In a nutshell: CHIRP is an open source radio programming tool that in many cases is better than the manufacturers programming software. The software will program a lot of the more popular radios. Newer radios will normally be added to the list, but sometimes takes a while. Use your favorite search engine to lookup CHIRP.

Thank you @WRHS218. Is that to say that there is more than one CHIRP software, or it is just one that serves the need for most/all radios?