Thanks USPS...

Roadrunner74

Was all excited to receive my new Wuoxun KG-905G today (even received an email alert that it was out for delivery) when out of nowhere I received another email alert that it was being returned to sender because my shipping address was not valid (I live in a rural portion of the county). I had this problem before and thought I had resolved the issue by contacting the USPS...obviously not ?... I purchased this property a year ago and have had several Amazon packages delivered without issue but the USPS just can't seem to get it together... Anyone else ever had this issue??? I just went ahead and re-ordered another 905G radio plus the battery eliminator but paid extra for UPS delivery this time. Also, what corded PTT/mic would work with this radio? The only one from buytwowayradios.com that was compatible with the 905G was the most expensive waterproof one for $79.99 however, the K1 sub-model was out of stock... I couldn't find any other offered ones that stated they were compatible... Thanks.

-RR

Just now, MacJack said:

Sad to hear USPS big computer can't handle address.  Did you call B2WR and give them a heads up...  

My offer to help if you need it, just PM me.

MacJack

MJ-

I called B2WR but their closed Saturday and Sunday, so I just wrote an explanation in the notes section on my new order which explained everything in great detail. I'll probably still give them a call Monday just to confirm things with them.

-RR

57 minutes ago, Roadrunner74 said:

Also, what corded PTT/mic would work with this radio? The only one from buytwowayradios.com that was compatible with the 905G was the most expensive waterproof one for $79.99 however, the K1 sub-model was out of stock... I couldn't find any other offered ones that stated they were compatible... Thanks.

-RR

Any speaker/mic that is compatible with standard Baofeng radios (not the waterproof ones) should work with the KG-905G as well. There are multiple offerings from numerous vendors, but they all appear to be rebranded versions of three or four actual models. I've had good and bad experiences with some that I've tried. They vary in price from $7 dollars up to the $80 one you mentioned, but as of now, because of my mixed experiences with a couple of different models, there isn't one particular type that I can point you to that is consistently good. Unfortunately, my experience has shown that the radios themselves tend to have better consistency in quality than do most of the accessories I've used.

9 minutes ago, WyoJoe said:

Any speaker/mic that is compatible with standard Baofeng radios (not the waterproof ones) should work with the KG-905G as well. There are multiple offerings from numerous vendors, but they all appear to be rebranded versions of three or four actual models. I've had good and bad experiences with some that I've tried. They vary in price from $7 dollars up to the $80 one you mentioned, but as of now, because of my mixed experiences with a couple of different models, there isn't one particular type that I can point you to that is consistently good. Unfortunately, my experience has shown that the radios themselves tend to have better consistency in quality than do most of the accessories I've used.

WJ-

Thanks for the insight... I'll probably hold-off then on purchasing a speaker/mic and just use the 905G to talk directly on with the battery terminator while driving. I already have an itch to purchase the KG-1000G for my truck later on down the road once I become more gmrs savvy...

-RR

I have nothing bad to say about the KG-1000G. It is a great radio from my own experience with it and from what I've heard and read. I would say it is the best dedicated GMRS mobile radio available presently.

For many mobile applications, though, I believe the Anytone AT-779UV would suffice, especially considering that it's about one third of the price of the 1000G.

The 779UV only puts out a nominal 20 watts vs. 50 for the 1000G, and the 779UV doesn't have a remote-mountable front panel like the 1000G does. It is also not easily paired with another radio to make a simple repeater, but unless those things matter to you, it's a pretty good little mobile rig.

I offer this suggestion primarily for those that want to advance from an HT to a mobile rig, but perhaps are not yet ready to take the plunge or spend the money for the 1000G.

Delivery failure update ?... after speaking with my local post office this morning I was able to confirm that my original Wouxun purchase was indeed returned to sender to the confusion of both myself and the lady I spoke with. According to her I should have received a "notice to pick-up" my package from the local post office in my mailbox (my address was labeled correctly on the shipping notice she looked up). Instead there was a complete failure on the technological & human end of the USPS logistical process. She was very polite and took some additional info from me in an effort to prevent this from happening again (3rd time now). However at  this point I have lost almost all hope in the success of any attempt to do so. I spoke with B2WR's, after speaking with the post office, to let them know they would be receiving a Wouxun 905G at some point later today from the USPS and to go ahead and ship out my 2nd order asap with the battery eliminator, through UPS this time though...

-RR

19 hours ago, Roadrunner74 said:

Delivery failure update ?... after speaking with my local post office this morning I was able to confirm that my original Wouxun purchase was indeed returned to sender to the confusion of both myself and the lady I spoke with. According to her I should have received a "notice to pick-up" my package from the local post office in my mailbox (my address was labeled correctly on the shipping notice she looked up). Instead there was a complete failure on the technological & human end of the USPS logistical process. She was very polite and took some additional info from me in an effort to prevent this from happening again (3rd time now). However at  this point I have lost almost all hope in the success of any attempt to do so. I spoke with B2WR's, after speaking with the post office, to let them know they would be receiving a Wouxun 905G at some point later today from the USPS and to go ahead and ship out my 2nd order asap with the battery eliminator, through UPS this time though...

-RR

You could not make up a story like this...  I sign up for USPS Informed Delivery a free service if available in your area: https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Anymore these days USPS is hit and miss when it comes to your mail/packages showing up. Even though it has the correct address on it which you been using for years.

One time a package of mine ended up in New York which is two states away from where I live. The package clearly had my address on it which I been using for years.

Sounds like the PO computer can't read and push the arm out or two boxes went to NY at a time.  Who knows.  With that free service above it has a check mark to mark it not delivered.  FYI, check it out as the main Mail sorting hub takes a picture of every letter and records every package tracking number.  Cool, only had one issue and letter showed up next day.

MacJack

This is a list of speaker mics that I have personally purchased and tested along with any pros or cons. I hope this helps.

https://www.amazon.com/Compact-Reinforced-Arcshell-Shoulder-Microphone/dp/B01N5LJ0YR/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=commountain&qid=1628179895&sr=8-3   

Pros: Small but very loud. Treble seems elevated but this is (IMO) the part that increases the volume and performs well in high noise areas when it comes to hearing received transmissions. Reinforced cord with Kevlar fiber for increased life. Offers 3.5mm ear bud jack.

Cons: Not water or even rain proof 

I have several of these and are used by Fire/EMS team 

https://www.amazon.com/Speaker-Reinforced-Arcshell-Shoulder-Microphone/dp/B07MX4J3W8/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=commountain&qid=1628180226&sr=8-4

Pros: Heavy Duty waterproof with reinforced Kevlar cord and reinforced strain relief on both ends. Offers 3.5mm ear bud jack

These are the speaker mics I own in the greatest of numbers and my number one pick. 

Cons: Currently have none IMO.

https://www.amazon.com/Platinum-Rainproof-Shoulder-Speaker-Kenwood/dp/B073ZZ3DDD/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=xfox+solutions&qid=1628181068&sr=8-1

Pros: Equal to the Commountain in ALL features at a much lower price. You get 2 for the price of one basically.

Cons: Currently have none IMO.

https://www.amazon.com/BTECH-QHM22-Platinum-Rainproof-Shoulder/dp/B00Z4X3MM6/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=BTECH+speaker+mic&qid=1628181246&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExVUNSUFdGVDZGN0U3JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjgyMTQyVThVWENVRlFYOU1GJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA1MzI0MzZOMENOQkQ1SDBHM0Mmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Pros: IP54 Rainproof, High impact casing and High Grade re-enforced cabling but see cons. All in all a decent option

Cons: both the casing and cable seems a bit lighter than the Commountain but performs well

https://www.amazon.com/Retevis-Shoulder-Speaker-Compatible-Baofeng/dp/B01MTW1AQN/ref=sr_1_15?dchild=1&keywords=Retevis+speaker+mic&qid=1628181532&sr=8-15

Pros: Equal to the Commountain in all features

Cons: Currently have none - AVOID ALL OTHER RETEVIS MICS EXCEPT THE POWERED MIC IN THE NEXT LISTING.

https://www.amazon.com/Retevis-Shoulder-Adjustable-Handheld-Arcshell/dp/B085LZRZNL/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=Retevis+speaker+mic&qid=1628181656&sr=8-18

Pros: Equal in construction to Commountain. A little larger head unit than most other speaker mics but nothing outrageous. IF YOU USE YOUR RADIO IN HIGH NOISE CONDITIONS AND STRUGGLE TO HEAR TRANSMISSIONS, THIS SHOULD WORK FOR YOU.

Cons: Unit amplifies received audio requiring a power source which is provided with the "built in" rechargeable battery. Current models do not allow for replacement of the battery so there's no way to swap it out for extra low use or replacement when the battery reaches end of life but, at this price you can just buy two and rotate them as needed. I have a nephew that is an engineer on a railroad and has struggled to hear his HT in the cab of the locomotive. I gifted him one of these and he swears by it.

If you're looking for headsets, these are the ones I use and would recommend.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017KQCYGO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pros: Absolutely the best quality and most comfortable of all (over eight different brands & models) the lightweight over the head brands/models tested and used. Part of the reason is the flat/smooth ear piece, the double band and amount of flax vs rigidity. I can't praise these enough, we are more then pleased (myself and my team members that choose to wear them) how great these are, especially for the price. They're not always available but you can't go wrong with this headset.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084Z76GY3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pros: So far, great medium duty headset. Seems to be well made and all testing has been positive. Decent comfort for this style of headset but we have only tested these headsets and have not had the opportunity to use them in real world or field settings.

Cons: Currently have none IMO

I am not affiliated with any manufacturers or selling agents for any of the products I have listed. I purchased all equipment with my own money and personally tested over 26 speaker mics and 10 headsets. Above are the results regarding my personal testing and experience along with my team's input. There are other brands and models that have performed decent but only the ones listed would I feel comfortable recommending. I hope this will help and wish you good luck with correcting the USPS mess.

JC