Programming 905G w/Repeaters having the same frequencies

Roadrunner74

Question

5 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Roadrunner74 said:

I want to add another repeater to my KG905G memory but I already have another repeater with the same frequency programmed. Am I able to add another repeater with the same frequency but with different tones?

-RR

I'd love a confirmation from someone that's used the 905g, but given how it's above the 805 in features in pretty much every aspect, I can't see it being a problem.

I know it can be done on the 805g via the software, as I have mine set with the base 30, 2 repeaters on .575 (ch 16), 1 on .625 (ch 18), and another set of repeater presets to use for travel.

6 hours ago, Roadrunner74 said:

I want to add another repeater to my KG905G memory but I already have another repeater with the same frequency programmed. Am I able to add another repeater with the same frequency but with different tones?

-RR

Yes you can have same repeater with any number of same repeaters with different PL codes.  Feel free to PM me and we can talk...I have two 805G and 905G as well...  Will share my config file so you can look at it.

MacJack

-RR

Absolutely. On the KG-905G you have 256 memories. You can use the same repeater frequencies over and over and any combination of tones and power settings.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

3 hours ago, mbrun said:

Absolutely. On the KG-905G you have 256 memories. You can use the same repeater frequencies over and over and any combination of tones and power settings.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

Michael,

Thanks for the info... I'm quickly filling up all those memory channels with repeaters from locations I tend to drive near. I'm loving this 905G and am glad I went with such a nice HT rather than one of a lesser price/quality... thanks to all you guys who have helped out with all my questions.

-RR