Review first MURS mobile radio

30 minutes ago, WRNA236 said:

You're plum crazy, what with all your fancy automatic link establishment talk and leveraging current 2021 technology.  We're supposed to make like it's 1996 still with respect to regulation of the RF spectrum.

I don't make the rules. I just offered an explanation. One is always free to contact the FCC and petition for a rule change. It's been done many times before.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/47/1.401

https://www.fcc.gov/about-fcc/rulemaking-process

Respectfully, it doesn't come across as sarcasm.

That is the worst think about forum’s, text messaging and emails. All the reader has to infer from are the words they read. No inflections, facial expressions, gestures or other other to alter their meaning. Words are everything when an author commits them into writing.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

Yeah, I went back and reread his criticism:

Starting out with calling someone "plum crazy" is an easy way to get the other party in a mode that makes it easy to misunderstand a comment; sarcasm notwithstanding.

Now that I have reread it in context, I think WRNA236 is saying that it is incongruous to use 1996 FCC rules and regulations on 2021's state of the art of technology!

Perhaps his use of the term "plum crazy" was not aimed at Lscott, but at the FCC and Congress for not updating the statutory and regulatory scheme. But he could have been clearer.

That being said, law and regulation always lags behind technology!

1 hour ago, MichaelLAX said:

Perhaps his use of the term "plum crazy" was not aimed at Lscott, but at the FCC and Congress for not updating the statutory and regulatory scheme. But he could have been clearer.

While I know it exists in the real world (mostly a regional thing, I think), gven that that's not a common phrase used on the forum , that was the first clue to me that it was hyperbole for comedic effect, along with the wording about "with all your fancy...."

That said, I won't disagree it was subtle, and I know without the inflections that would go with it in person it's a lot harder to catch