Non-Profit help please

lougasp61

Hi all.

I am the CEO of Haven-Beat the Street, a non-profit organization in Atlantic City, NJ. We offer programs and services to the poor and homeless of South Jersey as well as assist those in need of rental assistance, addiction recovery and low income housing. I have am outreach team that goes into the community to engage and help anyone in need of assistance. My outreach team all have a GMRS license. There are many places throughout South Jersey that have no cell coverage but have line of site to GMRS repeaters. Also, I have purchased a repeater for use in Atlantic City that will also cover Brigantine, Ventnor, Margate and Longport, about a 15 mile radius. My problem is is after purchasing the repeater and antenna we don't have enough funds to purchase a few handhelds and the coax and antenna masts we need. Our donations have suffered during the pandemic and lock downs. If anyone knows of a company or organization that would be willing to either help us by donating or offering what we need at discount prices, that would help us tremendously.

Thank you in advance and feel free to check out our website.

Lou Gasparini
Haven-Beat the Street CEO
46 N. Connecticut Ave.
Atlantic City, NJ 08401

https://www.havenstreets.org

Lou:

A box is going out to UPS today with the following:

Baofeng UV-5R5

Baofeng BF-888S

Baofeng BF-T1 and specialized programming cable (USB to USB-micro)

All have been pre-programmed to your 4 repeater channels, two simplex channels and the remainder filled to the other GMRS/FRS channels as space remains.

I did my due diligence and this is a tax deductible 501(c)(3) organization helping out the homeless of Atlantic City and I strongly encourage others here on myGMRS to donate their unused HTs to them (or a local homeless organization that is utilizing GMRS):

On 9/11/2021 at 3:04 PM, MichaelLAX said:

Lou:

Baofeng UV-5R5

Baofeng BF-888S

Baofeng BF-T1 and specialized programming cable (USB to USB-micro)

All have been pre-programmed to your 4 repeater channels, two simplex channels and the remainder filled to the other GMRS/FRS channels as space remains.

I did my due diligence and this is a tax deductible 501(c)(3) organization helping out the homeless of Atlantic City and I strongly encourage others here on myGMRS to donate their unused HTs to them (or a local homeless organization that is utilizing GMRS):

Michael,

Below is our confirmation of delivery and we at Haven thank you for your donation and the endorsement!

Michael,

The radios have arrived! They are programmed perfectly and again we all thank you for your generosity.

Bill

On 9/11/2021 10:51 PM, Michael H Lauer wrote:
Let me know when they arrive and how they work out for you

No reimbursement necessary.

Regards, Michael

On 9/11/2021 at 2:04 PM, MichaelLAX said:

Michael (and OffRoaderX), I salute you for your generous donations...  This forum is filled with people like you and others who have helped me in the past, and others, and it is greatly appreciated.

(I was going to send kudos to you via PM, but then decided a salute needs to be public).

Thomas