Nube Question about Repeater Codes

DanW

Question

I'm getting ready to try and use repeaters.  I'm playing around with a Radioddity DB25-G and want to get onto a couple repeaters for which I have received permission to use.

I've been given the tone as DPLxxx  (I'm keeping the numbers for xxx private).  

I don't see any chart listing DPL codes in the manual, so I'm clearly missing something.  So how do I enter the DPL code to access the repeater? 

8 answers to this question

39 minutes ago, DanW said:

I'm getting ready to try and use repeaters.  I'm playing around with a Radioddity DB25-G and want to get onto a couple repeaters for which I have received permission to use.

I've been given the tone as DPLxxx  (I'm keeping the numbers for xxx private).  

I don't see any chart listing DPL codes in the manual, so I'm clearly missing something.  So how do I enter the DPL code to access the repeater? 

If you don't have a chart for DPL, then you probably have one for DCS (digital coded squelch). These are different names for the same thing.

The other type of codes you will commonly see are CTCSS codes, which usually include a format of xxx.x rather than xxx (for DCS/DPL).

28 minutes ago, WyoJoe said:

If you don't have a chart for DPL, then you probably have one for DCS (digital coded squelch). These are different names for the same thing.

The other type of codes you will commonly see are CTCSS codes, which usually include a format of xxx.x rather than xxx (for DCS/DPL).

Great!  I'll look now.  Thank you!

37 minutes ago, WyoJoe said:

The main thing to consider is that there should be two charts, one using whole numbers (xxx) and one using fractional numbers with a decimal point and tenths value (xxx.x).

There might even be other names used for these same functions, in which case, you want to look for the chart that uses whole numbers. Those are the digital squelch codes.

The chart that uses the fractional numbers is the CTCSS chart for analog codes.

These codes must be used by you to transmit, so that the repeater will recognize you and open its receiver squelch and retransmit your signal.

If they only gave you one code, the code for your reception is probably the same, if there is any reception code at all.

Receiver codes are optional:

If you use it, it will ONLY open the squelch on your receiver to a signal with that code.

This helps if there are other transmissions on the same frequency and hence your receiver will not open the squelch to hear those other signals.

But if you do not use a code, you will still receive and be able to hear the repeaters transmissions back to you.

1 hour ago, DanW said:

Thank you, gentlemen!  I went ahead and used the same code for both, so I'm going to try it out when I get a chance.  

I appreciate the help for a newbie!  

If it gives you trouble, or doesn't seem to work, then change the receive code to "off" or whatever the radio calls it. That will allow you to receive the signal if the repeater isn't sending a code.