ANYONE NOTICE KG-935G SOFTARE PRINT BUTTON?

TOM47

• TOM47 changed the title to ANYONE NOTICE KG-935G SOFTARE PRINT BUTTON?
13 hours ago, TOM47 said:

ANYONE NOTICE THAT THAT THE NEW KG-935G SOFTWARE HAS A PRINT BUTTON?  PRINTS ALL THE CONFIG SETTINGS. HAVE NOT SEEN THIS ON OTHER WOUXUN GMRS SOFTWARE.

That sounds like a nice  option to have. I'm one of the ones of the 935G waiting list. How do you like the unit? Is it easy to use and program? I watched to review video from NotaRubicion Production, everything seemed pretty straightforward.

3 hours ago, Papatree said:

That sounds like a nice  option to have. I'm one of the ones of the 935G waiting list. How do you like the unit? Is it easy to use and program? I watched to review video from NotaRubicion Production, everything seemed pretty straightforward.

I HAVE TWO IN USE AND ANOTHER IN PROCESSING AT BTWR.  LOOK AT THE BTWR VIDEO ON THE KG-935G AS WELL AS RANDY'S.  I AM DISABLED FROM A STROKE AND GLACOMA WHICH MAKES PROGRAMMING ANY RADIO FROM THE FACE IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME.  THE SOTWARE PROGRAMING IS EASY COMPARED TO THE 805G, 905G, 1000G AND XS-20G, HOEVER VERY SIMILAR.  PERFORCE FAE EXCEEDS THE 805G AND 905G.  THE ONLY NEGATIVE I HAVE ENCOUNTERED US THE HATCH COVER SHARED WITH THE 905G THAT SCRES DOWN TO MAKE IT WATER RESISTANT.  THAT FEATURE IS DEFEATED WHEN USING A SPEAKER MIKE.  MANY OTHER FEATURES.  WOULD LIKE TO SEE AN INDEBTH REVIEW / TUTORIAL BY GADGET TALK.

KG-935G 100721.pdf

Edited by TOM47
ADDED PDF

9 minutes ago, TOM47 said:

JUST GOT THE EMAIL THAT THEY ARE MAILING  TODAYTHE KG-935G THAT I ORDERED 10-4-21!  MAYBE YOURS WILL BE SOON

Oh snap, maybe I need to actual order and pay for it now, then. I put myself on the waitlist a couple weeks ago, on the website it says out-of-stock and do I want to be notified through email when it's back in stock. But it seems that if I order and buy it now, they'll just send me the next available one...maybe?

3 minutes ago, Papatree said:

Oh snap, maybe I need to actual order and pay for it now, then. I put myself on the waitlist a couple weeks ago, on the website it says out-of-stock and do I want to be notified through email when it's back in stock. But it seems that if I order and buy it now, they'll just send me the next available one...maybe?

YOU WILL NEVER GET ONE THAT WAY, EVERYONE WHO BACKORDERS WILL GET THIERS FIRST!

Yep, definitely order ASAP and get on the backorder queue. I put my order in last month and it actually shipped a bit early than the estimated restock date, and I got it yesterday. Ended up buying the parent amateur model KG-UV8H, since a lot of the features I think will be much more useful on ham radio. May or may not keep the 935 if I can get the 8H to go up to GMRS frequencies. Either way, it's a fantastic little device. I also picked up the 805 for a family member that finds the others a bit bulky and while that's a great radio too, the 935 blows it out of the water on features.

There's someone currently working on porting the KG-UV8D CHIRP driver to the 8H, and I tested it out with the 935. It's still a work in progress and likely won't be able to edit things specific to the 935 (different programmable keys, WX radio, etc) but it did let me add GMRS, 2m and 60cm channels.

Also agreed on the accessory port trapdoor. It's also very easy to misplace. I wish they'd gone with something similar to Motorola's like Baofeng did with their waterproof models, but I suspect there's probably some intellectual property issues there. I intend to use mine out of doors while hiking or MTBing  with an earpiece (so as not to disturb other trail users) and it's a shame the water rating goes out the window in that setup.

21 hours ago, IanM said:

Also agreed on the accessory port trapdoor. It's also very easy to misplace. I wish they'd gone with something similar to Motorola's like Baofeng did with their waterproof models, but I suspect there's probably some intellectual property issues there. I intend to use mine out of doors while hiking or MTBing  with an earpiece (so as not to disturb other trail users) and it's a shame the water rating goes out the window in that setup

UNTIL THEY COME UP WITH A IMG_3077.thumb.jpg.7769d045d99bd7b500d696ab79d703e8.jpgWATER/DUST PROOF SOLUTION TO KEEP FROM MISPLACING THE HATCH COVER ROTATE IT OUT OF THE WAY?

I placed my order while it was on backorder, but it arrived in less than a week!    I've had it in my hands a few hours, and its nice, but the software... omg, worst bit of code I've ever tried to operate.   

On 10/8/2021 at 12:10 PM, TOM47 said:

... PROGRAMMING ANY RADIO FROM THE FACE IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME.  THE SOTWARE PROGRAMING IS EASY COMPARED TO THE 805G, 905G, 1000G AND XS-20G, HOEVER VERY SIMILAR. 

I must be using different software.    You can only copy & paste one line at a time.  No CTRL-Z "Undo".   You can't mass select a large block and edit in bulk (e.g. set "Scan Add" to "off" on 20 channels).   You can't import anything, and you cannot copy a line from say Excel and paste into it.    No filename on the title bar.  File->Save always asks for a filename (how about "same file", until I "Save As"?)

"About" page says "KG-935G Commander VersionV1.02 (20210831)"

I have hundreds of frequencies in Bearcats and Baofengs I'd love to get into this new radio for scanning, but if I have to type them in one at a time on the Wouxun software.... well, I guess that aint happenin'. ;)

On 10/8/2021 at 3:48 PM, IanM said:

...There's someone currently working on porting the KG-UV8D CHIRP driver to the 8H, and I tested it out with the 935. It's still a work in progress and likely won't be able to edit things specific to the 935 (different programmable keys, WX radio, etc) but it did let me add GMRS, 2m and 60cm channels....

...and now, @IanM, you have my attention!!!

What's the trick?   I've tried to read from the radio via Chirp ("daily-20210930" build) using every Wouxun profile on it and just get error "Radio did not respond", or "Failed to communicate with radio".

43 minutes ago, plarkinjr said:

...and now, @IanM, you have my attention!!!

What's the trick?   I've tried to read from the radio via Chirp ("daily-20210930" build) using every Wouxun profile on it and just get error "Radio did not respond", or "Failed to communicate with radio".

Easy peasy, but like I said, it's an in-development driver. Download it here. You'll need to run 'developer mode' under Help > Enable Developer Functions. Then go to File > Load Module, and locate that file you just downloaded. Hook up the radio, download, et voila. You won't see anything under the settings tab, because the developer is still working on it, and the 935 seems to have the settings mapped in the memory a little differently. DONT edit anything in the Browser. But you should be able to add and edit new memory slots just fine. Obviously you won't be able to TX on anything that isn't a GMRS frequency, and you can't edit some of the per-channel settings like compander, descrambler, and the mostly useless DTMF squelch. But it'll save you a lot of time adding, or even just rearranging, your custom channels.

Haven't broken anything yet, since it seems it stores channel data mostly the same as other UV8-series radios. If things go sideways, you can always restore with the factory software. Use at your own risk; I don't believe there's much risk of bricking the device, but that is quite clearly a breach of warranty. 

Enjoy the radio! Mine also came before it was even scheduled to ship, and I loved it enough that I snagged a UV8H that came today that I've been running some experiments on with that driver.

As an aside, the same trick with works with the 805 and the KG-816 driver. One could also revert it back to a full UHF radio with VFO with that driver, but that would be violating the Part 95 approval.

10 hours ago, IanM said:

...Obviously you won't be able to TX on anything that isn't a GMRS frequency...

...As an aside, the same trick with works with the 805 and the KG-816 driver. One could also revert it back to a full UHF radio with VFO with that driver, but that would be violating the Part 95 approval.

This "trick" is for the 935G, correct?

Are you saying that this trick will allow the 935G transmissions on non-GMRS frequencies, but you advise us not to do that? Is the 935G also VHF and does this trick work on VHF, too?

As I recall, the 935G is not a superheterodyne receiver, but a SOC; is that correct?

@MichaelLAX—yes and no. I see we're both commenting on similar topics in different threads and I apologize about the confusion... the 'trick' I'm mentioning here in this thread is solely for programming memory channels on the 935G and the 805G with CHIRP. There doesn't appear to be any way to unblock TX on non-GMRS frequencies on the 935. Locked up tight. 

the 805 is a bit simpler in how it's configured to operate on GMRS-only, and that's mostly down to the dedicated software only allowing drop-down selection.

The 935 is VHF and UHF, receive-only. You are correct, it is not a superhet, it's based on an RDA Microelectronics SoC. I believe the primary differences between the UV8 series that it's based on, and the UV9 series, is that the latter uses a superheterodyne receiver, and can demodulate AM on aviation band.

Ha, yeah, I've heard some positive things about the TYT (I think they used to be marketed as "Tytera", not to be confused with "Hytera," or just "Tera) line on both GMRS and amateur but it's probably a get-what-you-pay-for sort of device. There is someone out there that managed a workaround, to be able to monitor some Canadian LMR frequencies.

As I just said in my prior comment, the UV9 series is superhet and might suit your needs. Remember of course, that only the 9G is Part 95 certified.

9 hours ago, IanM said:

Ha, yeah, I've heard some positive things about the TYT...

First I purchased the Pofung P15UV for about $26 because it would scan tones and was Part 95 certified and it was a clone of the Radioddity GM-30.

Then I discovered the TYT-UV88 for $30 as a Ham radio that also scanned tones and could be opened up to transmit.

I use this in addition to my Anytone AT-779UV mobile to go GMRS/Ham war-driving to find repeaters on both GMRS and the Ham bands.

At the end of the day I am not sure I really need an HT that has that much sensitivity; but for sure it would have to work on 2 meters, 70 cms, GMRS and MURS.

I'll think about it some more.

On 10/13/2021 at 12:39 AM, IanM said:

Easy peasy, but like I said, it's an in-development driver. Download it here. You'll need to run 'developer mode' under Help > Enable Developer Functions. Then go to File > Load Module, and locate that file you just downloaded. Hook up the radio, download, et voila. You won't see anything under the settings tab, because the developer is still working on it, and the 935 seems to have the settings mapped in the memory a little differently. DONT edit anything in the Browser. But you should be able to add and edit new memory slots just fine. ... it'll save you a lot of time adding, or even just rearranging, your custom channels....

THIS is a huge improvement!    Editing all the other parts of the config with the Wouxun software is good enough.    What they lack (usable memory channel editor), CHIRP makes up for.   Thanks @IanM !!!

Michael, Check out the RFinder B1 https://androiddmr.com  I have two and really like DMR repeaters... great range and easy of use... Yes, it is $990 but I can have so much usage...  FM/GMRS/MURS/UHV/UHF/DMR/NOAA/Cell/Internet/email/all kinds of apps/Fun.  Check it out...  FYI I got sold and gave away all my other radios.  

MacJack

14 hours ago, MichaelLAX said:

First I purchased the Pofung P15UV for about $26 because it would scan tones and was Part 95 certified and it was a clone of the Radioddity GM-30.

Then I discovered the TYT-UV88 for $30 as a Ham radio that also scanned tones and could be opened up to transmit.

I use this in addition to my Anytone AT-779UV mobile to go GMRS/Ham war-driving to find repeaters on both GMRS and the Ham bands.

At the end of the day I am not sure I really need an HT that has that much sensitivity; but for sure it would have to work on 2 meters, 70 cms, GMRS and MURS.

I'll think about it some more.

On 10/14/2021 at 7:54 AM, plarkinjr said:

THIS is a huge improvement!    Editing all the other parts of the config with the Wouxun software is good enough.    What they lack (usable memory channel editor), CHIRP makes up for.   Thanks @IanM !!!

Glad I could help, and usual caveats apply (driver is in development, use at own risk, part 95 yadda yadda). Really do hope some fully fledged drivers for the Wouxun GMRS models get developed eventually. Definitely wouldn't be hard to port over the existing ones that sort-of work on the 805 and 935; I just don't have that sort of coding skill or confidence! 

It is a huge help to have CHIRP just for channel editing alone. It's downright painful to move or reorder channels in the manufacturer software.

On 10/7/2021 at 6:23 PM, TOM47 said:

ANYONE NOTICE THAT THAT THE NEW KG-935G SOFTWARE HAS A PRINT BUTTON?

It's on the way, yay!!! Question, I forgot about the programming cable, Can I use the K-type I have for my GM30 or do I need to order one just for the KG 935-G?

33 minutes ago, Papatree said:

It's on the way, yay!!! Question, I forgot about the programming cable, Can I use the K-type I have for my GM30 or do I need to order one just for the KG 935-G?

If you have a cable that works for the GM-30, it should also work for the KG-935G as long as it has the same kind of connector, which I believe it does (My KG-UV9G does). You shouldn't need a separate cable.

38 minutes ago, WyoJoe said:

If you have a cable that works for the GM-30, it should also work for the KG-935G as long as it has the same kind of connector, which I believe it does (My KG-UV9G does). You shouldn't need a separate cable.

I USE THE RED WOUXUN PCO-001 CABLE AND WORKS PERECTLY Wouxun USB Programming Cable (PCO-001) (buytwowayradios.com) DO NOT USE THE MINI CD DRIVERS How to install the Wouxun programming cable and driver (buytwowayradios.com)

HOPE THE ABOVE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS HELP!

On 10/7/2021 at 6:23 PM, TOM47 said:

ANYONE NOTICE THAT THAT THE NEW KG-935G SOFTWARE HAS A PRINT BUTTON?  PRINTS ALL THE CONFIG SETTINGS. HAVE NOT SEEN THIS ON OTHER WOUXUN GMRS SOFTWARE.

Hey Tom, mine arrived, thanks for the tip on the back ordering. Programming now, used the printer function-awesome. The one issue I can't seem to figure out on my pc, using windows ten, there are parts of the programming chart that I can't access and/or fully see ...

image.thumb.png.9fc82542baeb782d47f3ff0f80e6346d.png

image.thumb.png.595daa8c93e1d833d167f74e0ecd75fd.png

So as you can see, I can navigate up/down, enter frequencies fine, but can't go side to side, hence cant' see the far right side of the screen in order to input info(like to enter channel name, configuration function).

Any clue? Any assistance would be appreciated. I even tried the different display resolutions (currently at 1600x900) all the way down to the lowest setting.

As you can also see below that when I print those sections do appear...

20211021_173841.thumb.jpg.16ae1f6362aaace1d53efe09e6968ef4.jpg

37 minutes ago, Papatree said:

Hey Tom, mine arrived, thanks for the tip on the back ordering. Programming now, used the printer function-awesome. The one issue I can't seem to figure out on my pc, using windows ten, there are parts of the programming chart that I can't access and/or fully see ...

image.thumb.png.9fc82542baeb782d47f3ff0f80e6346d.png

image.thumb.png.595daa8c93e1d833d167f74e0ecd75fd.png

So as you can see, I can navigate up/down, enter frequencies fine, but can't go side to side, hence cant' see the far right side of the screen in order to input info(like to enter channel name, configuration function).

Any clue? Any assistance would be appreciated. I even tried the different display resolutions (currently at 1600x900) all the way down to the lowest setting.

As you can also see below that when I print those sections do appear...

20211021_173841.thumb.jpg.16ae1f6362aaace1d53efe09e6968ef4.jpg

YOU WILL SEE TWO VERTICLE SCROLL BARS ON THE RIGHT AND FAR RIGHT, BRING ONE OR BOTH DOWN UNTIL YOU SEE A HORIZONTAL SCROLL BAR ON THE BOTTOM TO MOVE THE VIEW RIGHT.  ALSO IF YOU CLICK ON THE CHANNEL NUMBER ON THE LEFT IT WILL HIGHLIGHT THE ENTIRE LINE.