receive and transmit codes

dinov

Question

9 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, dinov said:

Hi i am new to this have a wouxon 905g,help a dummy out here please. I have gone to the repeater list for my area i see the frequency but do not see a receive or transmit code were do i find this if it has it

Thank you

confussed lol

Are you just looking at the list itself? Or did you click into the listing for a specific repeater? Some repeaters do not post the codes, requiring a permission request to receive them, which is done to give the owner/trustee a method of tracking who has been authorized to use the repeater. Other listings may have the tones right there on the listing.

It may help to post a link to one of the listings you're having a problem with.

3 hours ago, WRCQ487 said:

I just clicked on your link and it shows up right next to the frequency and he even has it posted in the description too. 

Same here. It's in the Notes just after the name of the repeater in the first line, in parentheses, notated as PL. In the little description flag on the map, you do have to scroll down, and if you arent logged into the main site (it should carry over but doesn't always, same login as the forum) it will say "log in to view"..tone is the same for input and output, though I put is the most important to using the repeater (this is your tx tone).

4 hours ago, dinov said:

4 hours ago, dinov said:

Back in the early 60s, I was a member of the Skokie 6 Meter Indians (AM - next door to Evanston) -- I bet that group changed its name a long time ago!

WELCOME to GMRS!

13 hours ago, wayoverthere said:

Some repeaters do not post the codes, requiring a permission request to receive them, which is done to give the owner/trustee a method of tracking who has been authorized to use the repeater.

Very interesting recent thread (debate)on that subject, a real page turner ?, sorry for even bringing that up...

13 hours ago, dinov said:

Hi i am new to this have a wouxon 905g

Welcome aboard! I'm pretty new, too, and I can say you're in the right place to increase your knowledge and skill level. People here have been so helpful, some even going out of their way to tutor us Noobies. 

10 hours ago, dinov said:

That is the repeater NSEA (North Shore Emergency Association) uses during the Evanston 4th of July Parade and evening fireworks. It's a shame that the parade has been cancelled for the past two years. Hopefully it will resume next year! 

I got a call last night letting me know that they are planning to resume the Dayton (Xenia) Hamvention next year. I've missed volunteering as a 'golf cart driver' for the event.