Radioddity DB20-G CPS Programming tips (a/k/a Anytone AT-779UV)

MichaelLAX

Question

16 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Sbsyncro said:

reviving an old thread here..  I'm setting this radio up for a friend using the software.  I don't see any options for locking the keypad/mic buttons. He apparently has it mounted next to his knee in his jeep and is constantly changing settings.  Is there way to lock the keys like there is on most HTs (and my Wouxun KG1000G)?

A couple other questions:

The "Vice-Machine Display" option under the Function Setup offers three options:  Frequency/Channel, Battery Voltage, and Off.  It seems that the only way to disable "dual watch" is to set this to "Off"?    

If scanning both the A and B channels, does the "Revert Channel" option under the "Information of Scanning Channel" tree determine the behavior when a signal is detected on one of the channels?  If so, would the "Last Called" selection cause the next transmission to go to the channel that received most recently?  If so, what is the difference between that choice and "Selected+Talkback"? 

Lastly is there a BCL (busy channel lockout) setting somewhere that I just don't seem to be able to find?

I am currently at my "opened" Anytone AT-779UV in the house, programmed for GMRS (but with more options), with Firmware 2.26 (my Radioddity DB20-G programmed for "locked" GMRS with firmware 2.30 is in the car right now), so my comments are based upon my playing with this Anytone.

1) Holding down the FUN key for a few seconds will LOCK the keypad/mic buttons (one beep).  Let me know when you figure out how to UNLOCK it!?! hahaha. Of course, holding down the FUN key again for a few seconds toggles this feature (two beeps).

You can also toggle this same "locking" feature by holding down the A button on the mic/keypad.

2) I believe you are referring to Menu 19: DSPSUB, which has these 3 choices of settings. You can get to this without the software by pushing the FUN button once and then scrolling through the Menu with the V/M (Up) and MAIN (Down) buttons.  You then change the settings using the Up (Arrow) and Down (Arrow) buttons and when you are happy with your settings, push FUN again to exit this mode.

3) I am not sure what you are asking here, because I probably don't have any experience here.  But I want to learn, so please educate me.  Is this in the software?

4) By "Busy Channel Lockout" I believe you mean a setting which will prevent the radio from transmitting while it detects someone else using the same frequency. I am looking into this for you.

UPDATE: Look at the manual's description of Menu Item !!: RPLOCK, below and see if this does what you want; again using the FUN button will get you into Menu Mode:

Menu 11 - RPLOCK.jpg

Thank you @WyoJoebut it seems that your copy/paste tip is limited to copying from and pasting back into the Radioddity/Anytone software itself.

I downloaded CHIRP into my Windows environment and my attempts to copy from a previous CHIRP file and then paste into the Radioddity software have not been successful.

I also exported from CHIRP into a "csv" file, modified this text file to match the columns in the Radioddity CPS software and then attempted to copy/paste without any luck either.

Radioddity CPS continues to only recognize the last "copy" from within its own program, even after I have successfully done a copy in CHIRP or the csv file.

Yes, I have done that twice now:

1) The first time I acquired my AT-779UV and built a codeplug; and

2) After some growth in various repeaters I now have access to, and additions to the various categories, I rebuilt my codeplug but this time left blank lines between categories.

Since I have one also in my car, now I tend to manually insert a new channel into each machine (including an alphanumeric name) and also add it to the codeplug, to save the hassle of unscrewing it from the cup-holder mount in my car and bringing it upstairs to program.

I built a somewhat shorter version for the PAPA System group's members to be able to download and I know of at least two members who have use it and grown from my start.

I am still hoping that someone like @WyoJoewill find a better solution for us! He is the one who told me that I could use the updated Radioddity firmware and programming software for its GM-30 in my clone, the Pofung P15UV, which I originally purchased to be able to scan for tones.  I subsequently gave it to my 10 year old grandson, in place of his FRS Motos. 

I now use instead the TYT-UV88 which is another GM-30 clone, but it is a ham radio that can also be opened to GMRS, MURS, etc and even can use CHIRP to copy/paste program and then refine the programming with its own programming software.

I have the AT-778UV. Maybe my setup can help? The MIDX23-50 channels are Midlands extra channels. There's a ton of videos on YouTube that are incorrect with channel spacing. FCC ruled out wide band (25khz) on GMRS. You can reference my code plug data from website below.

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/FRS/GMRS_combined_channel_chart

image.thumb.png.47e643b18e042347378d69882d13df69.png

image.png.eadeb15bee8bee5a392e91dcf4ef985e.png

image.png.78eca5c8b2faeb4089bc60c3208da96f.png

Thank you for these charts, but I am not sure what you are hoping to add to our discussion:

The AT-778 and the AT-779 are two completely different radios.

Are you suggesting that the software for the 778 has import/export features and can be used with the 779?

Thank you for that attempt, but version 2.01 of the Anytone AT-779UV software will not open your file:

Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 9.59.35 AM.png

While some file extensions are compatible with each other (such as csv), dat files are generic data files that can follow different internal rules.

Hi.. I'm hoping someone can help me out with the Radioddity version 2.0.2 programming software for the DB20-G mobile radio. I'm assuming its basically the same software for the Anytone listed on here. The DB20-G is setup for 400-490mhz and 136-174mhz, as is the program. My problem is that I cant highlight the CH option on the left side of menu. The other options open up a popup menu. Also, I can enter a gmrs freq in ch.1 but will not let me add a tone.. Not sure if I am missing something?? Thanks...

Kevin 

3 hours ago, WRPC593 said:

Hi.. I'm hoping someone can help me out with the Radioddity version 2.0.2 programming software for the DB20-G mobile radio. I'm assuming its basically the same software for the Anytone listed on here. The DB20-G is setup for 400-490mhz and 136-174mhz, as is the program.

Yes, in my experience, the Anytone AT-779UV and the Radioddity DB20-G are interchangeable both as radios and programming software.

Try changing, in the Model Information -> Model menu from 136-174/400-490 to 136-174/400-470, and see if that solves your problems.

And power off, hold down V/M button, power on and what firmware version (for example at the bottom: V2.26) do you have?

Are you also double clicking the >> at the end of each Channel listing to open up a box for Tones, etc.?

1 hour ago, WRPC593 said:

Hi.. I'm hoping someone can help me out with the Radioddity version 2.0.2 programming software for the DB20-G mobile radio. I'm assuming its basically the same software for the Anytone listed on here. The DB20-G is setup for 400-490mhz and 136-174mhz, as is the program. My problem is that I cant highlight the CH option on the left side of menu. The other options open up a popup menu. Also, I can enter a gmrs freq in ch.1 but will not let me add a tone.. Not sure if I am missing something?? Thanks...

Kevin 

The CPS doesn’t work that way. To edit the channel double click on the double chevron on the rightmost end, under the “more” column. 

reviving an old thread here..  I'm setting this radio up for a friend using the software.  I don't see any options for locking the keypad/mic buttons. He apparently has it mounted next to his knee in his jeep and is constantly changing settings.  Is there way to lock the keys like there is on most HTs (and my Wouxun KG1000G)?

A couple other questions:

The "Vice-Machine Display" option under the Function Setup offers three options:  Frequency/Channel, Battery Voltage, and Off.  It seems that the only way to disable "dual watch" is to set this to "Off"?    

If scanning both the A and B channels, does the "Revert Channel" option under the "Information of Scanning Channel" tree determine the behavior when a signal is detected on one of the channels?  If so, would the "Last Called" selection cause the next transmission to go to the channel that received most recently?  If so, what is the difference between that choice and "Selected+Talkback"? 

Lastly is there a BCL (busy channel lockout) setting somewhere that I just don't seem to be able to find?