New Account Help

Guest richard.leach

Guest richard.leach

Just a heads up: I have tried a few times to register for an account here. My license is good, and the form recognizes it. But when I click the final button, it doesn't appear to accept it. 

Unless there's a problem with the data from the FCC, the website updates will normally happen in three days or less. If you try to register before the update has taken effect, I believe it gives an error that the call sign is not valid. In this case, it sounds like the OP's call sign was recognized, so there may be something else happening there.

Unfortunately, I don't have any idea what would be causing the error, as I didn't have any trouble when I registered.

Guest Rich Leach

I'm going to stop trying to join. I'm afraid some AI will think I'm a bot or something.
I really would appreciate someone letting me know if my requests are getting through, or if there is a problem with my computer that is causing it to fail. [hidden by moderator], WRPJ885

23 minutes ago, Guest Rich Leach said:

I'm going to stop trying to join. I'm afraid some AI will think I'm a bot or something.
I really would appreciate someone letting me know if my requests are getting through, or if there is a problem with my computer that is causing it to fail. richard.leach@gmail.com, WRPJ885

Hi Rich,

I had no trouble creating a test account with your info. Could you please reach out to me via the Contact Us form with the following information (since the forum isn't private):

- The email address you tried to use
- The username you tried to use
- Any error messages you may have seen

https://mygmrs.com/contact

Thanks!

Guest Rich Leach

I see someone is trying to get me set up. If you are reading this, the email verification link failed. I did get the email, obviously. The username said "test12345".

Thanks for working it, whoever you are.

9 minutes ago, Guest Rich Leach said:

I see someone is trying to get me set up. If you are reading this, the email verification link failed. I did get the email, obviously. The username said "test12345".

Thanks for working it, whoever you are.

I created it and deleted it just to see if there was an obvious error, so by the time you went to verify the email, the test account was deleted.

If you can't get through the issue I'll create an account with your callsign as the username for now.