Getting permission to use a repeater?

TNRonin

I use the mobile app on my tablet, and phone to eyeball the repeaters. I thought I would ask permission as requested to use a repeater in Chattanooga. How the fire do you all contact people?

I've tried looking up the call sign. Get info, but NO USER INFO to email for permission. Go to the website says you. While this appears obvious to us all, I have a user name, and registered on mygmrs.Com BUT cannot get the password accepted after NUMEROUS resets. I've sent a contact us request for help, which have not been responded to. I made it known here, no response from the admin to solve this.

I'm going to Chattanooga to see my daughter this weekend, and would like to use the repeater if allowed. I received excellent help on the chirp programming side by fellow members, and would like to use again.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

e221d176381746d3e45f254c59464a92.jpg

cb92520d5d45e79a79ca7a4641b8e4d4.jpg

3 minutes ago, gortex2 said:

If you look at the main paged he has request disabled. Basically that means its not an open repeater. 

image.thumb.png.0afca54a2743333edb3e8c031c44a5b4.png

I just saw this when I replied. I didn't realize that when Access requested were disabled it meant the repeater was closed. I think if I were the owner and didn't want others to use it I wouldn't publish the tones, although it is easy enough to figure that out. Thanks gortex2 for learning me something.

looked at the repeater page as well; honestly, i'd lean a little more toward @WRHS218's interpretation. given the information present. 

if it were requests disabled and tones unlisted, i'd agree with @gortex2, that it was intended to be closed/private.  However, requests disabled+tones posted more says to me "it's open, you don't need to send requests".  that said, it'd still be courteous to call on the system when in range and request permission that way

alternately, it looks like the owner's callsign is also his username, so you may have luck reaching out to him with a private message on here (the forum).  I know i get an email when i get a private message, so that may be a way to get through.  that might also be a good route if you're going to be out that way regularly and want to set up a membership to support the system (since the links are broken).

I think the Chattanooga repeaters are all part of the NGA GMRS group. When they recently moved the one repeater from Lookout Mtn it has totally interfered with the Oak Ridge & it's linked repeaters. Ruined my ability to hit any repeaters now.

The guys I chatted with told me they were linked. I only have a vague idea on that and I'm educating myself on the linked repeaters.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Some of the NGGMRS repeaters are tagged with: Open to all transient users. permission required for local and regular users.

A few years ago, I was in Hixson/North Chattanooga & was a guest on their weekly net on the Lookout Mountain machine

It looks like they reopened the .700 machine, it wasn't activated when I was there, only the Lookout .650 & the non-linked Chattanooga .600 were live

While you're there, I would announce my call with 'traveling' or 'visiting'

Hope my advice doesn't step on any toes