Obtaining Tones After Approval

223Nebraska

So a question I have is that I requested permission to use repeaters and they were approved but the owners didn't message me the unlisted PL TONES. Do I have to somehow message them and beg for the tones? I would have assumed that in the response message field they would have maybe responded with something instead of just an approval. What's the typical process of getting tones on an unlisted non subscription repeater? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2023 at 6:33 AM, 223Nebraska said:

So a question I have is that I requested permission to use repeaters and they were approved but the owners didn't message me the unlisted PL TONES. Do I have to somehow message them and beg for the tones? I would have assumed that in the response message field they would have maybe responded with something instead of just an approval. What's the typical process of getting tones on an unlisted non subscription repeater? Thanks.

Which radio do you have? Which repeater?

Since you are approved, if you can hear others gaining access to that repeater on the INPUT channel, for example 467.550, and if your radio can scan for tones, you can gain the information you need before they send you it.

That's one reason I picked up the TYT-UV88 for just $34 with free shipping, because it is a ham radio VHF/UHF HT that can be opened to GMRS and scans for tones. It is similar to the Radioddity GM-30.

On 1/29/2023 at 3:07 PM, MichaelLAX said:

It takes you to:

[link deleted by poster]

which is a music video of Rick Ashley singing Never Gonna Give You Up

And then it sucks up available RAM! 

So, yes: AVOID!

It’s 60 fps of Rick Astley in all his full 4K UHD remastered glory; sounds like you may need to download more RAM if you ask me: https://downloadmoreram.com

Edited by JeepCrawler98

11 hours ago, JeepCrawler98 said:

It’s 60 fps of Rick Astley in all his full 4K UHD remastered glory; sounds like you may need to download more RAM if you ask me: https://downloadmoreram.com

Dangerously hidden behind a spoof website URL designed to look like a GMRS Association; and

https://dfarq.homeip.net/download-more-ram-safe-scam-joke/

A software developer asked me about a website called Download More RAM. I don’t think he heard my other coworkers snicker. He asked if it was a security issue, while missing the even more important question: Can you download RAM? I said it’s best not to visit the site, and spared him the history lesson.