New Feature: Classifieds

rdunajewski

I'm pleased to announce a new feature available on the forums: a new classifieds system!

Premium Members can post a listing for radios, repeaters, antennas, and more that they are selling or want to buy. All members can view and purchase items from the seller, a Premium Membership is only required to post advertisements.

Purchases are handled between the buyer and seller directly at this time, but we might expand this in the future to handle payments similar to how eBay and PayPal work. There are no commissions since we are not handling the payments on behalf of the parties.

If you are a Premium Member, you will see a blue "Submit an advert" button on the Classifieds page. Click on this button and select the category to list your ad under. Listings are active for 21 days for free (less the cost of membership) and can be renewed if the item is still available. 

You also have the ability to set up shipping options for the buyer, and can paste the tracking number for the shipment once you've completed a sale.

image.png

Very nice. I'm definitely going to use this feature.

If you do decide to handle transactions in the future, be warned, it's a lot of liability. I had a startup a few years back that was a two-sided marketplace for buying and selling camera gear. I handled the transactions via Stripe and ended up dishing out $5k to cover the damage done by fraudsters. 

Keeping the responsibility of transacting between the buyer and seller is much easier. 

• 1 month later...

I just picked up some UHF M1225's and P1225's (Genuine Part 95 Motorola gear!) on a trade-in, so I'll probably be getting one of my kids to start up a small GMRS resale business here on the classifieds. About 40 portables, chargers, 6 mobiles, and a base/control station package.

• 2 months later...
On 1/19/2023 at 2:43 PM, rdunajewski said:

Premium Members can post a listing for radios, repeaters, antennas, and more that they are selling or want to buy. All members can view and purchase items from the seller, a Premium Membership is only required to post advertisements.

18 minutes ago, nvrpc1 said:

Two day old radio for sale. Have receipt. No sense in having a radio that has scanned all 999 channels programed into the bestsaferadio and not able to hear any activity. Anyone interested. Will sell for exactly what I paid for it. 

You should become a premium member, Just saying… ?

Strange ?!?

If I read that correctly, the MyGMRS.com premium membership should carry into the forum.

If that is the case, then why is my "premium" status not showing up ?!?

Who would be my go-to person for a question like this ?!?

... strange ... am I getting this wrong / did I do something wrong when signing up ?!?

4 hours ago, WRXD372 said:

Strange ?!?

If I read that correctly, the MyGMRS.com premium membership should carry into the forum.

If that is the case, then why is my "premium" status not showing up ?!?

Who would be my go-to person for a question like this ?!?

... strange ... am I getting this wrong / did I do something wrong when signing up ?!?

You are correct, it should. Try sending Rich a message https://mygmrs.com/contact

you can report your own post too. Maybe log out and log in???

Synch complete - my premium status has found me in the forum: 

The bliss of NO ads !!! Priceless !!! (or in our case $50)

Maybe I should celebrate by changing my profile picture ... ?!?

Gerfield Smile s.png

3 hours ago, WRXD372 said:

Synch complete - my premium status has found me in the forum: 

The bliss of NO ads !!! Priceless !!! (or in our case $50)

Maybe I should celebrate by changing my profile picture ... ?!?

Gerfield Smile s.png

Plus you can now hit the like button on as many posts as you want.  

• 2 weeks later...

Good Evening

I have a GMRS HT that I would like to sell. I see that a premium membership is required to sell radios, but not for browsing. However, it doesn't appear that anyone is using the classified section, as I only see two (2) items listed there.  Am I missing something or is there another classified section that is not viewable for non-premium members? Also, I see no way to sign up for a membership in the profile settings, subscriptions, or elsewhere. Where and how does one do that?  If there is a more robust classified section that I'm not seeing, it's possible I may wish to join. Thank you in advance. Mike.

Happy Tuesday :)

You are not missing anything:

There is only one section for classified ads.

Premium is necessary to post a classified ad.

Premium membership is available under mygmrs.com and the profiles are linked and synched regularly.

(If that does not work, Rich will help you with a manual synch - https://mygmrs.com/contact 

18 minutes ago, WRQU797 said:

Good Evening

I have a GMRS HT that I would like to sell. I see that a premium membership is required to sell radios, but not for browsing. However, it doesn't appear that anyone is using the classified section, as I only see two (2) items listed there.  Am I missing something or is there another classified section that is not viewable for non-premium members? Also, I see no way to sign up for a membership in the profile settings, subscriptions, or elsewhere. Where and how does one do that?  If there is a more robust classified section that I'm not seeing, it's possible I may wish to join. Thank you in advance. Mike.

Try this: https://forums.mygmrs.com/subscriptions/