Is It Possible To Import A CSV File To The Vertex CE59 Program?

tcp2525

Question

I know this is going to sound like a really dumb question, but since this program has an "export" function I'm assuming it also has a way to import this data as well? I see no options to import CSV data. Am I overlooking something or is there a convoluted way to import. I'm hoping someone with more experience using Vertex software has a solution as it's easier to do all my editing in Excel and import. Thanks.

6 answers to this question

Yes, I figured that, but I had to ask to rule out stupidity on my part as I've been known for high levels of it.?

I'm now totally bewildered at why they would even put in an export feature when I already have my frequencies typed and/or written down. I know the backup file holds everything including the settings, so  I'll just rely on that like I have always done. Thanks again for the help.

1 hour ago, tcp2525 said:

Yes, I figured that, but I had to ask to rule out stupidity on my part as I've been known for high levels of it.?

I'm now totally bewildered at why they would even put in an export feature when I already have my frequencies typed and/or written down. I know the backup file holds everything including the settings, so  I'll just rely on that like I have always done. Thanks again for the help.

I'm with you in that having an Export feature is "usually" side by side with an Import feature.

I tried to find a copy of this software to play with for your benefit, but I only see it for sale used on eBay. Do you have a copy to share for  fair use - educational/test purposes?

25 minutes ago, MichaelLAX said:

Hey, Jeff: Do you know what this File Convert function does?

I think I know, but would rather get an educated answer...

Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 11.46.17 AM.png

I can check again this evening; I think I clicked on it the other day and it was to convert between a handheld format (vx820/920) file and a mobile format  (vx4200) file, as that software package  does all 3 model lines.