Summer is upon us :)

This week, it seems that summer break has hit the forum and those heated discussions about digital modes, crowded frequencies, and "sad hams" are calming down.

As you all seem to be sitting in your backyard by the pool, let's try something:

Get a friend to join the "GMRS fun" - challenge !!!

In the next week(s), try to convince a friend to get a GMRS license and a radio - you might even help your buddy to set the radio up (or just have your friend post all those Baofeng programming questions on the forum)

You might even use the fear factor (Be prepared - doom is coming - and zombies still use landlines, but we are better than that...)

Post your success story here and also let us know why your attempts did not work (in my case, the latter is easy: no friends :)).

If you are a ham, you might want to challenge yourself and take it to the next level: Help that friend of yours to study for the technician exam ...

Have fun  ... 😇

5 hours ago, OffRoaderX said:

...they all hate me now and think that I'm weird.

Have you given them a Baofeng HT and told them that "anybody can field program this!" 😇 ?!? -- that might explain it ...