Approved for Ham & GMRS radios

pcradio

1 minute ago, pcradio said:

I have a nice radio, I don't want to own two cheap radios. I understand not everyone likes electronics, but I like using a nicer radio and its my thing. But nope! Not for you grandpa! You gotta carry two radios while everyone else does not!

In a strange sense, that reminds me of certain items one cannot purchase in California - unless one does not care and then one can find anything !!!

1 minute ago, WRQC527 said:

Is it at all possible for you to have a conversation without insulting people?

That was a quote in my post ! -- Please do not misrepresent my words 

⁉️

7 minutes ago, pcradio said:

Don't confuse good laws with bad ones.

Sometimes, it is hard to determine what good and bad looks like in legislation:

(I am trying to avoid extremes and polarizing examples)

image.thumb.png.224c1057b9e417f8e09533c926b2cf3a.png

image.png.e3e18bea1bc80de5100172e2d744b52b.png

2 minutes ago, WRXD372 said:

That was a quote in my post ! -- Please do not misrepresent my words 

2 minutes ago, pcradio said:

Is it at all possible for PCRADIO to have a conversation without insulting people?

Relax. I fixed it before you replied.

On 7/3/2023 at 2:17 PM, pcradio said:

[...] If you have a license,

• you should be able [...]
  • its just common sense.

[...] How do you feel about this?

Misquoting (or just reformatting and omitting) might get us out of here:

Maybe the actual question was not so much about radios but about "common sense" - How do you feel about this ?!?

😵‍💫

I guess, I am too relaxed !

🤣 😂 🤣

9 minutes ago, WRXD372 said:

Maybe the actual question was not so much about radios but about "common sense" - How do you feel about this ?!?

Yeah, I probably should have phrased everything better. I'm in the process of buying radios and got fuming mad at all this. "The rules state that you can't wear blue socks on Tuesdays. Says so right here." It is just so silly.

Yeah, I probably should have phrased everything better. I'm in the process of buying radios and got fuming mad at all this. Its just so silly.

@pcradio

I see your frustration and in a perfect world, there should be no reason to fear the deregulation you are asking for.

Unfortunately, the compromises our society is making every day often stink!

• In CA, I can no longer buy regular size bottles of butane...
  • Across the nation, granddads are forced to carry two radios while their grandchildren are not interested in either...
  • 😇...

In any case: HAPPY 4th of JULY

Because no matter how much we dislike some details, we do live in a great society during a great time and we are having a great time 😉 -- if we enjoy the freedom and the time to argue this kind of topics, we must be doing darn well !!!

Sometimes equipment falls thru the cracks. The testing lab assigns the FCC ID and just forwards all the test reports to the FCC. Sometimes, the test labs certify equipment that is in violation. The FCC eventually catches the error and yanks the certification .

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, pcradio said:

You are correct, I'm trying to avoid using two different radios. I was just pointing out that the argument that a certified GMRS radio can not support a Ham configuration when I can in fact buy one legally that does! Forum

If I want my full 2m/70cm capability, I'd already have to carry two HTs -- both have shared analog capability but one supports D-STAR, and the other supports DMR (I am NOT adding a YSF HT to the mix). GMRS is a third HT, and MURS makes number four. There is also the old 11m/CB HT to consider 😱

@pcradio I understand your desire to have one radio for both ham and gmrs. I don't have my ham license yet but do hope to get it one day soon and it would be nice to be out and about with one radio for both services legally. Right now that just is not possible. If you will start a petition asking the FCC to change this, I will be glad to sign it.

Rosa Parks did not have permission to sit in the bus's front row seats. Was she wrong to knowingly violate the rules? Had you been there, would you have sided with those against her? Would you have created a Public Service announcement cautioning all the "colored" people like her?

Sometimes, a law is so invalid, so egregious, and so unenforceable that it defies logic why it even exits. While using a properly configured Ham radio on 462.550 is less of a moral correction, a correction none the less it is.

Thank you GMRS community for your support.

Rosa Parks did not have permission to sit in the bus's front row seats. Was she wrong to knowingly violate the rules? Had you been there, would you have sided with those against her? Would you have created a Public Service announcement cautioning all the "colored" people like her?

Sometimes, a law is so invalid, so egregious, and so unenforceable that it defies logic why it even exits. While using a properly configured Ham radio on 462.550 is less of a moral correction, a correction none the less it is.

Oh please…  Such suffering you are enduring.

Arguing the use of a “properly configured ham radio” for a service where certification is required doesn’t make technical sense. 
Being allowed to use a type 95E certified radio as a ham radio makes more sense (and is allowed, but not simultaneously), but still has nothing to do with civil rights and racism. 

6 hours ago, pcradio said:

Rosa Parks did not have permission to sit in the bus's front row seats. Was she wrong to knowingly violate the rules?

Wow! Hahaha... I have never seen someone publish wrong information, about such a well-known event, so proudly before! This is elementary school level stuff that you got completely wrong. Well, maybe not completely... there was a woman named Rosa Parks and there was a bus evolved. The similarities end there.

Then there's the whole point that fighting oppression and hate has NOTHING to do with following the polite rules of society. You are not oppressed because to play nice with everyone on a specific group of frequencies, you have to use a radio you don't want to, even when it's physically identical to the radio you want to use, but with different firmware. Just not making the connection. 

Hams love their chains. Haha. Its really interesting, if it does not make sense, they flock to it like moths to a flame. If the ruling body slaps them in the face, they cry for more! What's it called when the abused fall in love with their captors? Hams.

3 hours ago, pcradio said:

Rosa Parks was sitting in seats marked for "colored" and not in seats for "whites." She refused to move from her seat when a white couldn't find another seat. 

Now, if you are going to make statements about historic events you need to verify your facts first.