Can I monitor HAM radio frequencies with a GMRS License?

WRWP693

16 hours ago, WRQC527 said:

Actually, it's the ARRL that has a Field Day. It's the last full weekend in June. Next year it's June 29 and 30.

You don't have to explain to me about the ARR Field Day. I been attending Field Days for Quite some time. I just meant the FCC would have a Field Day going after violators that transmit bands that they aren't authority to 

I was not talking about ARRL FIELD DAY. I meant that the FCC would have a Field Day rounding up violators who continue to mess around on systems that they have no business using, especially when those knuckleheads whistle or make other unauthorize noise.

2 minutes ago, Adamdaj said:

I meant that the FCC would have a Field Day rounding up violators who continue to mess around on systems that they have no business using, especially when those knuckleheads whistle or make other unauthorize noise.

In your world are there unicorns too? Is the FCC in the room with us now?  

On 10/7/2023 at 8:20 PM, OffRoaderX said:

C'mon man, dont joke around! As @Adamdaj pointed out, this is a very serious subject, i'm just waiting for his response because obviously the FCC takes these matters very seriously.

Thank you for defending my comment! I don't mean to sound like 3rd grader, but most of the time, I speak before I think. I don't want to tell you or anyone else what you already know, so I just try harder to sound more intelligent, especially when comes to the Rules & Regulations.

36 minutes ago, OffRoaderX said:

In your world are there unicorns too? Is the FCC in the room with us now?  

Ok! I have to admit that I am wrong about the FCC when it does take actions. I didn't say that the FCC works to resolve issues quickly, because the FCC is just as any Federal Government entity, the FCC operate just as slow. 

I apologize for sounding like moron, but I wanted to add my two cents. 

Edited by Adamdaj
Just didn't sound right!

Just now, Adamdaj said:

I have to admit that I am wrong about the FCC when it is taking actions. I didn't say FCC works to resolve issues quickly, because the FCC is just another Federal Government entity. Of course, any Government entities don't believe in getting things done quickly.

I apologize for sounding like moron, but I wanted to add my two cents. 

You're still getting it wrong.

According to the FCC's public enforcement database, its not that they do not take actions quickly, it is that statistically, they do not take action at all.. With about 6 enforcements for the things you are referring to, in the last 11 or 12 years.

6 minutes ago, OffRoaderX said:

You're still getting it wrong.

According to the FCC's public enforcement database, its not that they do not take actions quickly, it is that statistically, they do not take action at all.. With about 6 enforcements for the things you are referring to, in the last 11 or 12 years.

Ok! I'm WRONG!

i guess I do have a problem with staying a specific topic.  I sincerely apologize and will try to KIS & TTP when I Post another comment.

7 hours ago, Adamdaj said:

Ok! I'm WRONG!

i guess I do have a problem with staying a specific topic.  I sincerely apologize and will try to KIS & TTP when I Post another comment.

Also, don't forget about the ARRL Field Day, which is June 29-30, as well as Winter Field Day, which is January 27-28. 

3 hours ago, BoxCar said:

The way field days are run, as a contest, I refuse to participate other than seeing if I can make a contact. I don't submit my logs either.

This is one of the problems with amateur radio. So many activities have devolved into contests and bogus 5-9 signal reports. I enjoy Field Day and Parks On The Air because they get everyone off the grid and outside, but the contest aspect does get old. 

3 minutes ago, Sshannon said:

On summer Field Day our club provides comms for a bicycle race.

I do the same thing for trail runs. It's more rewarding and useful than amassing points. We had the California QSO Party last weekend. I gave away a couple dozen points to folks trying to get California, but some of those folks had amassed over a thousand contacts with California in one weekend. No thank you.

17 hours ago, WRQC527 said:

Also, don't forget about the ARRL Field Day, which is June 29-30, as well as Winter Field Day, which is January 27-28. 

Winter Field Day maybe ok for those who like rough it in cold temperatures, but no me. I can't stand Temperatures below 50 for more than 24 hours. I apologize for confusing you, because I confuse myself. And that's too easy to do. That question the ability to monitor Amateur Radio or Other Radio Services on a GMRS radio what that hard nor was it silly. It just sounded silly at first. 

73's

WQAI363

On 10/7/2023 at 8:18 PM, marcspaz said:

Every time someone keys up without a license, a puppy dies.

Reminds me...

I was in a facility that was under construction.  I can't go into where it was due to it being a very recognizable company, and part of it was literally a government black site.  But there was discussion of what was going on in that part of the building.  All BS and conjecture.  So I announced it was where they killed the puppies.  I ended up needing to buy three guys new coffee's because they spit theirs out laughing.  Got questioned about what I meant. I ask them if they told their young sons that when they caught them touching themselves if told them that every time they do that, someone kills a puppy.  And that this is where they do it.  Mind you these were all construction workers.  I heard that story being told from trade to trade for the rest of the day. 

On 10/13/2023 at 7:45 AM, BoxCar said:

The way field days are run, as a contest, I refuse to participate other than seeing if I can make a contact. I don't submit my logs either.

Yeah, I don't do contests either. I will get on during field day and operate, but like you, I don't bother with logs.  I do toss my contacts up on QRZ but that's about it.  But I really don't do a ton of HF to begin with.  So it does give me a chance to make overseas contacts to places I haven't talked to before.

On 10/13/2023 at 10:09 AM, Sshannon said:

I don’t participate in the contests.  Perhaps the majority of us don’t.  I have no problem ignoring the contests.  On summer Field Day our club provides comms for a bicycle race.

That's what 17 meters is for...ignoring contests!