The "Basket of Deplorables"

JamesBrox

95.1733 Prohibited GMRS uses.

95.1733 (a) says GMRS stations must not....

If someone is "actin' a fool" (clearly a grown adult) on a GMRS simplex channel 15. Looks like there's nothing that can done to enforced such, because it's not involving a repeater station....jamming. It's a shame there's folks out there like this, much less the ability to have offspring. But really....there's nothing can stop unlicensed? Really? 

WRXU693 

29 minutes ago, JamesBrox said:

95.1733 Prohibited GMRS uses.

95.1733 (a) says GMRS stations must not....

If someone is "actin' a fool" (clearly a grown adult) on a GMRS simplex channel 15. Looks like there's nothing that can done to enforced such, because it's not involving a repeater station....jamming. It's a shame there's folks out there like this, much less the ability to have offspring. But really....there's nothing can stop unlicensed? Really? 

WRXU693 

It’s difficult to know what you’re complaining about, but if it bothers you, why don’t you report it? 

26 minutes ago, Sshannon said:

It’s difficult to know what you’re complaining about, but if it bothers you, why don’t you report it? 

Just as I stated....the deplorable is violating https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-47/chapter-I/subchapter-D/part-95/subpart-E 95.1733 (A) (4)

But it's not interfering with a "station" so I'm screwed.

2 minutes ago, Sshannon said:

Just as I asked….why don’t you report it?

If you’re receiving it it’s interfering with your station. 
But that’s not stated in the requirement anyway:

a) In addition to the prohibited uses outlined in § 95.333 of this chapter, GMRS stations must not communicate: 

(1) Messages in connection with any activity which is against Federal, State, or local law; 

(2) False or deceptive messages; 

(3) Coded messages or messages with hidden meanings (“10 codes” are permissible); 

(4) Music, whistling, sound effects or material to amuse or entertain;

54 minutes ago, OffRoaderX said:

A KrakenSDR and a couple of local angry GMRS users can usually make it stop... fairly quickly..

3 guys with Yagis works pretty damn well..  we've pinned down the same A-hole on 'Desert Candles' a few times..  But other than finding them,, aint much else you can do...  This guy cares less when his name and address is broadcasted.  He doesn't jam but a certainly and annoyance with his recordings and body cavity sounds..    

31 minutes ago, WRUE951 said:

3 guys with Yagis works pretty damn well..  we've pinned down the same A-hole on 'Desert Candles' a few times..  But other than finding them,, aint much else you can do...  This guy cares less when his name and address is broadcasted.  He doesn't jam but a certainly and annoyance with his recordings and body cavity sounds..    

Great idea and would like to see that happen. But gmrs isn't popular here. It sucks just for me. lol

3 minutes ago, JamesBrox said:

I would. But from what I understand.....PL tones do nothing to what the radio hears.  Thanks

You are rather misinformed. If you use a PL tone on receive, you are only going to hear transmissions that have the matching PL tone.

Also, keep in mind, FRS shares all channels with GMRS, so you may be hearing construction works goof around. There isn't anything in the world that will stop those transmissions.

4 minutes ago, tweiss3 said:

You are rather misinformed. If you use a PL tone on receive, you are only going to hear transmissions that have the matching PL tone.

Also, keep in mind, FRS shares all channels with GMRS, so you may be hearing construction works goof around. There isn't anything in the world that will stop those transmissions.

But I run the repeater channels on scan daily because I want to listen out for new repeaters. If I put a RX tone on the channel the deplorable is on, I limit myself for discovery on that channel, right?

23 minutes ago, tweiss3 said:

Even the higher watt channels gmrs 15-22?

33 minutes ago, Sshannon said:

Yes. 
Where GMRS differs is that FRS users may not transmit on the main 467 MHz channels (23-30) that are (mostly) reserved for repeater inputs.

Good grief. Why even buy license then?  Then to have some inbr*eds use the same channels to act a fool to interfere with repeater channels? Looks like this hobby is made for people who are fortunate enough to bring your own audience or enough repeaters and users to have a RX PL tone. But for folks just wanting to make contact and repeater discovery, guess we're stuck with CB 2.0.   

1 hour ago, JamesBrox said:

Good grief. Why even buy license then?  Then to have some inbr*eds use the same channels to act a fool to interfere with repeater channels? Looks like this hobby is made for people who are fortunate enough to bring your own audience or enough repeaters and users to have a RX PL tone. But for folks just wanting to make contact and repeater discovery, guess we're stuck with CB 2.0.   

1. GMRS is not a "hobby"
  2. GMRS IS intended for people to bring their own audience (ie; your group while off-roading)
  3. GMRS is NOT for people that "want to make contacts"

It seems you have been misinformed about what GMRS is for, and what its primary purpose is.  It sounds like amateur radio or the Grindr app are more of what you are looking for.

58 minutes ago, OffRoaderX said:
  1. GMRS is not a "hobby"
  2. GMRS IS intended for people to bring their own audience (ie; your group while off-roading)
  3. GMRS is NOT for people that "want to make contacts"

It seems you have been misinformed about what GMRS is for, and what its primary purpose is.  It sounds like amateur radio or the Grindr app are more of what you are looking for.

What’s this app you keep promoting? Got a link?