SOLD: Motorola XTL5000 UHF - complete kit

Hoppyjr

Hello folks, here’s my long but complete sales post:

I recently scored an “open box” Motorola XTL5000 UHF system on eBay. It was advertised as open box, as new never installed. My original plan “may” () have been to program and install, but other projects have intervened and it will just sit in the box, so I think this unit is better put to use by someone.

This one has the new “5” remote head unit in black, which is apparently more desirable. It appears to include all the wiring cables, brackets, mic, external speaker, etc. It’s all wrapped up and appears new to my eye.

I also picked up a programming cable.

In researching the Motorola programming software, I came across some semi-recent posts that indicated - since these radios are no longer in production - Motorola would provide the software at no cost. It took some time to navigate Motorola customer support, but the did in fact provide a link to download the genuine software from them at no cost. When I sell the radio I’ll forward that link to the buyer. [edit: it is not a link, but a copy of the actual software, sent to me by Motorola].

Now since I haven’t installed or connected the unit, I can’t confirm it’s status, but it appears as new and based on the sellers comms, how it’s packaged, and how it looks I have no reason to doubt that all is well.

The unit is MOTOROLA UHF XTL5000. 380-470mhz - model M20QSS9PW1AN

I’ve attached the sellers photos as it’s wrapped up and ready to roll. I have all outstanding feedback on eBay and several forums; watches, firearms, and vehicles. I’ll gladly speak by phone, FaceTime, etc. to ensure you are comfortable. I’m too old and my reputation too good to mess around.

Edit: SOLD!

Thanks for checking out my ad.

Ed

ade5b775ce2ba0ce7027cc3bcae469c5.png
5e1d418e821af355b64df4687794428b.png
85a1049d48f73fa9fcd16f6ca7536e73.png
04ba3197b1be49860886565476a69faa.png
bbcaaa0c2be28a647e04ecb4155a5f64.png
0ef2b968bca3f2c5496655b2fbf913aa.png
7b5e2c6af8fa25f7b69d6d3ffb1f66f4.png
9d8e532a7d95f4d5d078a1520736ab53.png
3fbc1ea6cfaa37c959623a4c94beb54c.png

9 hours ago, WRUZ229 said:

It took some time to navigate Motorola customer support, but the did in fact provide a link to download the genuine software from them at no cost.

I, and thousands of other people would love to see this - since this is provided in Motorola's public support, why not post the public link here? 

I, and thousands of other people would love to see this - since this is provided in Motorola's public support, why not post the public link here? 

I’ll clarify - it wasn’t a link, it was a copy of the actual CPS software.

When considering upgrading to a Motorola, I searched for all the necessary components, including software.

I found posts around the internet, including on Reddit, indicating that Motorola was providing the software “for $0.00” because the radios are out of production.

The other posts indicated one must create a Motorola account online, then go to their online store, where they can add to cart and it shows $0.00 at checkout. I followed that procedure, but could not locate the software, so I called customer support and spoke with several people.

A few days later I received an email from one of the “technical consultants” saying they found a copy and they emailed a copy of the CPS software in a zip file.

Since it’s not a direct link to the website, but a copy of the software, there is no link to post.

Hopefully that clarifies.

2 hours ago, gortex2 said:

It would and is listed in MOL under your account. Users that only had myview access will most likely not see it. Its still in my MOL account under Astro Devices. In myview ASTRO CPS refers to the APX series.

2 hours ago, WRUZ229 said:

I’ve got no idea what you’re saying.

I know what you're saying. I had to go threw their "vetting" process for my Business Account and then they allowed my MOL Account to view and download the software for all my radio models I have. It is a process I must say, yet it was worth it because I needed the software.

1 hour ago, WRXL324 said:

I know what you're saying. I had to go threw their "vetting" process for my Business Account and then they allowed my MOL Account to view and download the software for all my radio models I have. It is a process I must say, yet it was worth it because I needed the software.

At least someone had luck. Last I heard was they needed to convert my account to a business account to give me access to the software (for a couple of xpr6500's), and then ghosted me since 🫤

• 2 weeks later...