GMRS Radio Funnies

WRUE951

This was funny,,, i had to share it as i'm still chucking. Last night getting ready to call it a night i picked up my scanning handheld to put her to sleep for the night..  Right as i pick her up,, CH 7 blips and i hear "Brad finally passed out, coming over"  reply "I'm waiting for you baby"     LMAO..   We have a big Motorcycle desert race event in town and a few thousand people here for the event so assuming someone is getting a little more action..  

I think the statute of limitations has passed and I can tell this story:

Years ago I picked up the pair of ICOM R-7000 and R-71 receivers at a garage sale for $50.

The UHF model did not have the cellphone frequencies blocked and, it still being analog, I used to enjoy spending Saturday nights listening to guys calling their girlfriends from their cars!

56 minutes ago, WRYS709 said:

I think the statute of limitations has passed and I can tell this story:

Years ago I picked up the pair of ICOM R-7000 and R-71 receivers at a garage sale for $50.

The UHF model did not have the cellphone frequencies blocked and, it still being analog, I used to enjoy spending Saturday nights listening to guys calling their girlfriends from their cars!

I used to listen to the old analog 800MHz cell phone stuff back in the day. Still remember a guy talking to his mistress and she was ticked off because he had the nerve to "sleep with his wife".

More recently while scanning GMRS/FRS I picked up a transmission from a guy that said "Honey, next commercial break can you please bring me some toilet paper? I'm waiting". I just had a sip of beer at the time, laughed so hard it came through my nose.

3 hours ago, markskjerve said:

I used to listen to the old analog 800MHz cell phone stuff back in the day. Still remember a guy talking to his mistress and she was ticked off because he had the nerve to "sleep with his wife".

Sounds, to me, like she did not believe: 

What's sauce for the goose, is sauce for the gander!

3 hours ago, markskjerve said:

More recently while scanning GMRS/FRS I picked up a transmission from a guy that said "Honey, next commercial break can you please bring me some toilet paper? I'm waiting". I just had a sip of beer at the time, laughed so hard it came through my nose.

Thank goodness, he keeps an HT in the bathroom! 🤣

Back in the early 90's, I kept a Radio Shack Pro-2006 scanner in my locker at work for those days when I was stuck doing dispatch for my small department.  One night, stuck on dispatch, I was scanning the 800 MHz phone bands and it stops on a conversation between two females who were obviously of the lesbian persuasion.  One was at home and the other was out doing a paper route in the early morning hours.  The one doing her paper route was talking the other through, ahhh, some things.

I kept thinking that the one at home sounded familiar.  I continued listening and could not escape the feeling that I knew the voice of the one at home.  After a while, there was a loud train whistle on the end of the one at home.  She told the one on her paper route that she would need to hold on a minute until the train passed as she couldn't hear her with the train right behind her house.  Then it hit me.  I had lunch with the one at home the day before, about 16 hrs earlier.  It was my girlfriend's adult daughter.  My girlfriend was busy that day and it was her daughter's birthday.  My girlfriend was unable to take her to lunch because of her job and the girl's dad was being a jerk and not communicating with her.  My girlfriend asked me to take her to lunch so that someone did something nice for her, and I did.

I didn't make the connection until I heard the train as she had a railroad track in her back yard.  🤦‍♂️

Needless to say, I never told my girlfriend or her daughter what I heard.

On 10/4/2023 at 1:11 PM, RayP said:

Back in the early 90's, I kept a Radio Shack Pro-2006 scanner in my locker at work for those days when I was stuck doing dispatch for my small department.  One night, stuck on dispatch, I was scanning the 800 MHz phone bands and it stops on a conversation

When I lived in an apartment years ago I had my Kenwood Ham HT modified. That allowed the reception of the common 900MHz cordless phones at the time. I picked various phone conversations but it wasn’t any good. Just about every one in range was from the Middle East speaking their native language. Rather pointless and boring to try scanning anymore.