The Mesa Crest Repeater

TMCRC

Good Morning. The "Mesa-Crest" repeater will conduct a non-formal net at 11:00am this morning, October 28, 2023, and run until noon. Bob, WROX766 will be the moderator at net control located in Hesperia.  The purpose for the net is to introduce this new repeater to the GMRS community In the High Desert and Inland Empire areas of Southern California.  The repeater will be open to all licensed GMRS users.  We will be transmitting on a frequency of 462.725mhz with a + 5mhz offset and a TX and RX CTCSS tone of 141.3.  We are very interested in the range of the repeater, so when checking in, please state your first name, GMRS license number and the city from which you are transmitting.  PLEASE, silence all roger beeps while on the repeater, be courteous to others and maintain friendly communications.  These tones will remain active through the end of the day on Friday, November 3, 2023 at which time the repeater will be turned back over to the club.  If you wish to join the club, please contact Admin through MyGmrs.com.  I look forward to a successful net.

Good morning Bob @WROX766 and welcome to the forum 👍

Looking forward to testing the "Mesa-Crest" machine - just got "redeployed" from out campus next to the airport (SCLA) to our campus in Barstow ... might be time to finally get a mobile rig into my car 😎 

I listened to you run your signal tests yesterday. It appears the footprint is pretty good. The signal check from my location in Beaumont was excellent from my base unit but limited from my handheld in my house. Once I stepped outside, I got a better signal report. Thanks for relocating the repeater and allowing me to use it. WQIR250.

57 minutes ago, rcgj said:

I listened to you run your signal tests yesterday. It appears the footprint is pretty good. The signal check from my location in Beaumont was excellent from my base unit but limited from my handheld in my house. Once I stepped outside, I got a better signal report. Thanks for relocating the repeater and allowing me to use it. WQIR250.

It is our pleasure to be able to connect people from different parts of Southern California. Thanks for joining the Club.

• 4 months later...
On 10/27/2023 at 6:57 PM, WRVL221 said:

The Mesa Crest repeater is up and running. We have had check ins from Huntington Beach, Pomona, West Covina, Upland, Ontario, Adelanto, Apple Valley, Phelan. Feel free to check in and give us the city you are in. 

462.725 T Squelch 141.3

467.725 T Squelch 141.3

Interested. I want to check out this repeater. I am in Apple Valley

9 hours ago, WQXQ876 said:

Hey Mike, small world.. In Apple Valley LOL

What are the odds meeting you here :)

... The way I understand this thread, this repeater belongs to a club that allows for use on "paid members only" basis.

I missed the "check it out" window in October ...

Edited by WRXD372
add link

Yea that is correct. It is a members only repeater.  Dues are only $35 a year. The repeater is huge.  It has coverage from barstow and Rosamond into Lucerne and Johnson valley, slash X and down to hemet parts of San Diego, Orange County and Huntington Beach.   It has loads of great guys and many events planned for later in the year.   We would love to have you.   I am in phelan, the owner and club president is in hesperia and we have many members in the HD 

• 3 weeks later...

I understand that it cost $ to put up and support a repeater.

I think that if they ask for voluntary donations to help support their effort the would be surprised at the support.

I travel from Las Vegas to So Cal on occasion. 
But I won’t be forced to join a “ club”to use our Free airwaves. 

I was already “Forced” to “buy permission “

from the FCC’s  😂

8 minutes ago, WRXJ635 said:

I'm not sure how this statement fits into a discussion about repeaters. Not having access to a repeater does not stop you from using your radio. It only prevents you from using equipment that belongs to someone else. 🤔

10 minutes ago, WRXJ635 said:

I think that if they ask for voluntary donations to help support their effort the would be surprised at the support.

from the FCC’s  😂

No one is forcing you to join a club.   No one is even charging to use the repeater.  The Mesa crest repeater is closed to the public.  The repeater is for club use.    The dues are to join the club.  The club has many outings, events, and support for all members.  The club president and vice president have gone to extreme lengths to built an amazing repeater that has a huge foot print for club use.    There are many clubs in the world and most if not all charge some type of yearly or monthly dues.   This one is very worth it to me.  The $35 a year is nothing to be a part of such a great group    

12 minutes ago, WRXJ635 said:

[...]

[...]

I surely like the idea of "honest people giving honestly based on their means and their use of resources"!

21 hours ago, WRXJ635 said:

from the FCC’s  😂

I don't believe they are saying that you have to join to use the "free airwaves". They're just saying that you can't use/activate their private property, the repeater station equipment, with the "free airwaves" unless you are a Club Member, which is their right.

You can use the "free airwaves" to your heart content providing that you do it in compliance with Part 95, subparts A and E.