Uh it doesn't work that way.....

gortex2

https://mygmrs.com/repeater/7898

The Front-Range Electronics Engineers GRMS repeater is open to all FCC licensed GRMS operators. It is also open to FCC part 97 operators that do not have a GRMS license, those radio amateurs must register with us for an identifier under the license of the repeater owner.

Uh....Really....Apparently you didn't read the rules....

The license was first issued in late 2021, so it’s not a grandfathered one.

I agree that it appears that the owner (Shauna Cape) allows hams to use the repeater using her call sign WROQ916?  

I agree that it’s not kosher, but it’s not my circus and not my monkeys.

But I also did note that the address for the licensee included a line to divert the mail to the attention of someone else (Jerald) apparently in the same household.

2 hours ago, Sshannon said:

But I also did note that the address for the licensee included a line to divert the mail to the attention of someone else (Jerald) apparently in the same household

A little internet search and it would seem Jerald may be living in a Big House, if you catch my drift. I can’t help but wonder if Shauna is even aware. Even her FCC license has an address with the attention to Jerald. That’s as far as I’m going with this. 

2 hours ago, Sshannon said:

it’s not my circus and not my monkeys.

Best colloquialism of the morning. ☕️ 

Man... what a joke.  If the FCC doesn't spank someone for that, I will lose all respect for that agency.  I think it's wild that here in Norther VA, we have people complaining because they think someone ID'ed in 16 minutes instead of 15 minutes, meanwhile in Castle Rock it's a free-for-all.  It's even in the title.  SMH.

Is there something else going on here??

Read the copied part of the post again.

G R M S ???? really thought it was GMRS but the copied stuff keeps referring to it as GRMS.  Not that you can link a part 90 freq to part 97 or any other service, but it just strikes me as odd that the incorrect(?)  GRMS moniker shows up multiple times.  As if the guy is trying to setup his own radio service.

On 11/9/2023 at 12:15 PM, marcspaz said:

Man... what a joke.  If the FCC doesn't spank someone for that, I will lose all respect for that agency.  I think it's wild that here in Norther VA, we have people complaining because they think someone ID'ed in 16 minutes instead of 15 minutes, meanwhile in Castle Rock it's a free-for-all.  It's even in the title.  SMH.

I agree, but first someone would have to report the situation to the FCC.

34 minutes ago, WRKC935 said:

Is there something else going on here??

Read the copied part of the post again.

G R M S ???? really thought it was GMRS but the copied stuff keeps referring to it as GRMS.  Not that you can link a part 90 freq to part 97 or any other service, but it just strikes me as odd that the incorrect(?)  GRMS moniker shows up multiple times.  As if the guy is trying to setup his own radio service.

I saw that too, but I’ve seen others do the same, including a lot of new people asking questions here, who make that same mistake.  If you were to search for “GRMS” I bet you’d see a lot of examples of it.  If it ever gets saved to your spell-check dictionary you’re taost.  😁

• 4 weeks later...