WSAD366

I’m new. Just saying hi. I have 2 Tidradio GMRS H8s. Seem like pretty solid radios. I also just got a mobile station setup. Got it for a base station in the house. A Wouxen KG-1000G. Have an Ed Fong GMRS antenna mounted to a telescopic fiberglass pole clearing the peak of my house.  Mainly wanted backup comms. And take the handhelds for hiking. 

On 1/29/2024 at 7:03 PM, WSAD366 said:

I’m new. Just saying hi. I have 2 Tidradio GMRS H8s. Seem like pretty solid radios. I also just got a mobile station setup. Got it for a base station in the house. A Wouxen KG-1000G. Have an Ed Fong GMRS antenna mounted to a telescopic fiberglass pole clearing the peak of my house.  Mainly wanted backup comms. And take the handhelds for hiking. 

I guess you consider GMRS as a hobby, but there are some folks that don't really consider GMRS or CBRS as hobbies, not like the Amateur Radio Service. Of course, everyone has their own opinion, when Radio Communication Services for non-commercial or public safety use. A few HAMs might wonder anyone would get into CB or GMRS. I say, choose what comfortable and go from there. Some folks may just want to rag chew with Family and Friends. Then again, others enjoy talking Cross Country DX or Overseas DX. Each service offers something.  Welcome to Wonderful World of Radio Communication!

Hello All!

Also a newbie. Just got my license a week or so ago. I spend a little time in the woods in my old Bronco and love to camp and hike.

I thought that GMRS was the way to go for me. Got a couple of wheeling buddies interested in joining in as well. Dahlonega Georgia area.

Got a couple of Baofeng GM-15 Pro Handhelds and a Midland MXT500 to use in the Bronco.

6 hours ago, Billieco said:

Hello All!

Also a newbie. Just got my license a week or so ago. I spend a little time in the woods in my old Bronco and love to camp and hike.

I thought that GMRS was the way to go for me. Got a couple of wheeling buddies interested in joining in as well. Dahlonega Georgia area.

Got a couple of Baofeng GM-15 Pro Handhelds and a Midland MXT500 to use in the Bronco.

Welcome!